Engine codes and DPF.

Thank you Guys ones again for support.

@mmi According to pressure on DPF, do I correctly understand if there is low pressure different, then DPF is working like a "stright pipe"?

What I notice during burning DPF, the RPM's growth up to 1000 but fuel consumption is still at the same level. In my previous Van (F. Galaxy) when DPF start burnout process, fuel consumptions always rised for about 0.5l more.
Tomorrow I will read the logs again and will start DPF burnout from VCDS.

Well, at some point DPF ash accumulation value has been adapted.
1679424165414.png

4.33 grams suggests the value was set to zero approx. 12.000 km ago (7.500 miles).
Mine has 28.2 grams at 80.000 km.

Is it possible the DPF has been replaced with a non-genuine DPF? The OEM DPF should last approx. 300.000 km though.
I have check service history and indeed previous owner report to the VW service some issue with DPF. The report was -" the glow plug indicator light is on, the car has lost power, the DPF indicator light is on, DPF filter is suspected to be clogged."
Action taken by service - fault finding. No more info about it.
This has place 20kkm ago.
I will try to contact previous owner, maybe he know something more and didn't told me before.

Here you have requested pictures and one video with CAT.

During recording this video I have notice some oli leak near CAT on 2 plastic pipes. Not sure where they are connected.

IMG_3808.JPG

IMG_3813.JPG

IMG_3816.JPG

IMG_3818.JPG

IMG_3819.JPG

IMG_3846.PNG

I have been trough this fail about a year ago on a crafter. If you search dpf crafter you will find my tread. First I changed the diferential pressure sensor, nothing, then I went to Germany and fitted a new vw dpf, bought at €1800 euro in exchange of my old. Without exchange would been € 2150. They wanted the old one to open it up and learn from the fault. This was the big main vw Düsseldorf. To change the dpf was 2hr to remove, and 20-30 mins to refit.
It does need vcds to tell the system you changed it. No problems ever since.

Reactions: mmi
I have been trough this fail about a year ago on a crafter. If you search dpf crafter you will find my tread. First I changed the diferential pressure sensor, nothing, then I went to Germany and fitted a new vw dpf, bought at €1800 euro in exchange of my old. Without exchange would been € 2150. They wanted the old one to open it up and learn from the fault. This was the big main vw Düsseldorf. To change the dpf was 2hr to remove, and 20-30 mins to refit.
It does need vcds to tell the system you changed it. No problems ever since.
After what MMI wrote about pressure I'm coming to conclusion that my DPF need to be replaced :/

But there are more unusual readings that require explanation.

Also another Eureka come up in my head. The last oil change was done in an unauthorized workshop and they poured the wrong oil- now it is Castrol 5w30 instead of 0w30.
I wonder what the consequences of this might be. its about 8kkm after exchange.

After what MMI wrote about pressure I'm coming to conclusion that my DPF need to be replaced :/

But there are more unusual readings that require explanation.

Also another Eureka come up in my head. The last oil change was done in an unauthorized workshop and they poured the wrong oil- now it is Castrol 5w30 instead of 0w30.
I wonder what the consequences of this might be. its about 8kkm after exchange.

The last oil change was done in an unauthorized workshop and they poured the wrong oil- now it is Castrol 5w30 instead of 0w30.
I don't think this is relevant here as W-classification (0W/5W) only relates to oil fluidity at cold temperatures. At normal operating temperatures both are classified the same - SAE30,
More information e.g. here:

@mmi According to pressure on DPF, do I correctly understand if there is low pressure different, then DPF is working like a "stright pipe"?
Yes, correct.

However, certainly can't rule out that the measurement itself is wrong - e.g. split/loose pipes to the differential pressure sensor, sensor itself, etc.
You could try to log the "IDE07744 Particle filter: air pressure sensor 1 bank 1: raw value" under different conditions - would expect to see maximums above/around 100 mbar under normal driving at 50-60 mph (80-100km/h).

What I notice during burning DPF, the RPM's growth up to 1000 but fuel consumption is still at the same level.
Well, on T6 the increased fuel consumption during DPF regeneration is masked on MFD display, The indicated fuel consumption on MFD is reduced by approx. 25% during DPF regeneration. The "loss" is compensated on MFD during the following 80-150 kms by showing somewhat slightly increased fuel consumption.
The doctoring of the MFD display is demonstrated here:

looking at that black soot on the tail pipe.

and no pressure difference across the DPF,

im still guessing for the DPF Delete (DPF inner core smashed out then DPF refitted to van)

how does it run and Rev? - all ok?

does it black smoke under full throttle max load down the duel carriageway?

+++

this is not right for a Euro6 Engine. - something is letting this through.?

1679475849200.png

as a reference this is mine. . .

2018 204 CXEB - 65K miles

Zero black soot on tailpipe.

1679476100718.png1679476113042.png

and the cloth test. . .

just shows general brown road grime and dirt . . .

1679476161568.png

Another think I should mention, when I changed the differential pressure sensor, I found that, the two rubber lines going to the sensor , had no hose clips at all. At the dpf end did. So I added two new hose clips at the sensor end. It was well packed and looked like factory fit, so I don’t think anyone been at that sensor before. My crafter engine is a DAUA 140 hp euro 6.

Thank you all for reply.
Yes, correct.

However, certainly can't rule out that the measurement itself is wrong - e.g. split/loose pipes to the differential pressure sensor, sensor itself, etc.
You could try to log the "IDE07744 Particle filter: air pressure sensor 1 bank 1: raw value" under different conditions - would expect to see maximums above/around 100 mbar under normal driving at 50-60 mph (80-100km/h).
I made a log with IDE07744 and indeed, pressure has grown even above 100mbar. Log attached.
I don't know what to thing about it, is sensors works fine?
Called today previous owner and said they didn't do anything with DPF. There was issue with first turbo and DPF but after both turbine refurbishment all worked well.
Is it true? hard to say. Don't know this guy.

One more think correlated to this case. One week after I bought this Van, I have done remap of engine and gearbox. Now is 220HP and DSG changes gears on high RPMs.
Before new map I drove 1000km without DPF error. After new map first error popup after 300-400km.
Maybe they done something in engine control unit to hide issue with DPF. Just wondering.

Next step what my plan is to have a look inside DPF.

@Raul a/3
Could you give me a link to your story with DPF?
I searched the forum and couldn't find it.

ps. One more thing just noticed. When I checked PID01 all passed apart: "Oxygen sensor monitoring: Failed or Incomplete"
Maybe here is an issue?

Attachments

• LOG-01-IDE00021_&11.CSV
    35.7 KB · Views: 6
  • Log-EL3EU02-WV2ZZZ7HZJH081686-138870km-86289mi.txt
    24.6 KB · Views: 4
LOG-01 Chart

wondering if we can post a similar chart for a normal operation to compair? . . . .

IDE07744 vs time vs RPM

1679581331553.png

I made a log with IDE07744 and indeed, pressure has grown even above 100mbar. Log attached.
I don't know what to thing about it, is sensors works fine?
Thanks for the log. Quite a blastoff :whistle: - maximum pressure recorded was 190 mbar so the sensor seems to respond. However, after the run the pressure is still only 1.5 mbar engine idling

Particle sensor: measuring current calculated: 37.5 µA
Noticed in your log the above - freeze frame data which was captured at the moment when P226D fault was triggered. I'm fairly confident it's when the particle sensor detected soot at exhaust after the DPF.

ps. One more thing just noticed. When I checked PID01 all passed apart: "Oxygen sensor monitoring: Failed or Incomplete"
Maybe here is an issue?
When engine fault codes are cleared all the emission readiness components (PID01) are also cleared - thus they status will be "Failed or incomplete". To restore them takes some time - mine takes 250 km to clear them all.

Well, you mentioned engine remap - I'm curious to see how they have handled this.
Could you please clear engine faults and then immediately read PID01 (OBD-II - Mode 1-01 Readiness) - Save.
Then cycle ignition and read and save again.

@Raul a/3
Could you give me a link to your story with DPF?
Could set up the search e.g.
1679580684741.png
which would result the following:

Here you have log as requested. First reading after cleared faults. Then after cycle ignition.

Also attached results after remap:)F9A5948F-C82A-45FB-81DD-2C919C2507AD.jpeg

Attachments

• Log-EL3EU02-WV2ZZZ7HZJH081686-138980.txt
    6 KB · Views: 6
Here you have log as requested. First reading after cleared faults. Then after cycle ignition.
Thank you very much. They look the same as mine.

Mine takes several runs to restore them all as passed - some clear very soon, others not. The mentioned oxygen sensor monitoring took 65 km to clear. The last to clear was Secondary air system monitoring at 250 km.

I must of posted else where, In here , I only posted when I needed to code the new one with vcds.

After today visit at my friend's garage mystery solved.
Unfortunately (for me) @Dellmassive is right- DPF is cut out :/

From outside looks ok, even when you look thru the pipe from back or from injector it looks ok. But when I take it out and put the light from one site, I could see the light from other end.

Also I talk to the guys who made me remap and they told me that they use engine map from Server not from the ECU and this is why error appeared after remap.

Here you have some picture.

Now I will try to get refund for new DPF from the seller. Will see how it goes.

Thank you All for help.

IMG_3892.JPG

DPF backside.png

DPF frontside.png

Dear All,

Just notice that my last post was not released.

I was want to thank you All for support.

Finally I have replaced DPF with new one plus oxygen sensor (used one) and all faults gone.
Now I see measured soot mass and calculated soot mass. After some time calculated mass is higher than measured but I assume this is normal?

I have some other issue with T6 but I will post it separately.

Regards.

Hi Guys,

It seams that I still have issue with DPF.
After 4kkm check engine have popup with turbocharger 1 - P00AF 00. Engine lost power until 2500rpm, higher when works Turbocharger 2, Van was running normally.
When I stop and start engine again, fault gone and I could go normally for some time (before next time fault come up).

Turbo was refurbished for some reason when was 125kkm on clock, now is 147kkm.

I found connection that when DPF is in burning mode, turbo is pretty noisy. Also DPF burning has take really long time and couldn't finish.
Finally I have go for service procedure with VCDS and then I could complete burning. After that time I've run 400km without errors.

Also, during DPF cleaning calculated soot mass was still high (approx. 18g) instead of measured soot mass was -6,00g. When it dropped after process finished, calculated mass have raised back to about 10g (measured soot mass was still low).

Question:
1. How is the soot mass is calculated?
2. Do I need to calibrate/ adopt sensors in DPF?

Thanks in advance for help.

Hi Guys,

It seams that I still have issue with DPF.
After 4kkm check engine have popup with turbocharger 1 - P00AF 00. Engine lost power until 2500rpm, higher when works Turbocharger 2, Van was running normally.
When I stop and start engine again, fault gone and I could go normally for some time (before next time fault come up).

Turbo was refurbished for some reason when was 125kkm on clock, now is 147kkm.

I found connection that when DPF is in burning mode, turbo is pretty noisy. Also DPF burning has take really long time and couldn't finish.
Finally I have go for service procedure with VCDS and then I could complete burning. After that time I've run 400km without errors.

Also, during DPF cleaning calculated soot mass was still high (approx. 18g) instead of measured soot mass was -6,00g. When it dropped after process finished, calculated mass have raised back to about 10g (measured soot mass was still low).

Question:
1. How is the soot mass is calculated?
2. Do I need to calibrate/ adopt sensors in DPF?

Thanks in advance for help.
@mmi Could you be so kind and compare my SOOT readings with Yours?
Thank you in advance for help.

Back