Eibach Suspension Advise

barnaby

T6 Pro
Hi, I am this week pushing the button on the order for my new T32 Kombi (black) and would like to know if anyone has had the Eibach coilover suspension kit fitted direct from VW factory. If so have you any photos and at what height is your suspension setup.
I am going to be running the 20" Trident Black gloss wheels on it . trying to find some photos to make sure I have made the correct decision.
thanks in advance.
B.

I have the OEM Eibach sportline kit from new, here are a few shots from back then.

overview, stock 18" rims:

20180427_115509.jpg

. rear end 30.5 inches to arch (empty van)

20180427_134224.jpg

. rear end 30.5 inches to arch

20180427_134228.jpg
. Fronts = 29 inches (empty van)

20180427_134230.jpg .
20180427_134242.jpg

20180427_134245.jpg

.20180427_184415.jpg

now the van is "Loaded" with stuff for work etc . . . .

it looks like this . . . . .

20190626_133839.jpg

Hi, I am this week pushing the button on the order for my new T32 Kombi (black) and would like to know if anyone has had the Eibach coilover suspension kit fitted direct from VW factory. If so have you any photos and at what height is your suspension setup.
I am going to be running the 20" Trident Black gloss wheels on it . trying to find some photos to make sure I have made the correct decision.
thanks in advance.
B.

I don't think VW fit coilovers at the factory, and any lowered springs you spec are fitted by the dealership.
So if it's those you are referring to, this is how mine looked with 19" wheels and the VW fitted lowered springs, which were 30mm lower, and as far as I know, this is as low as VW will go on springs, unless it's changed since I purchased mine.

20180513_114710.jpg

Visited my local VW and they had a van spec’d up with Bilstein B14’s as a demo. I was pretty surprised as I thought they only did the Eibach 30mm drop.

I don't think VW fit coilovers at the factory, and any lowered springs you spec are fitted by the dealership.
So if it's those you are referring to, this is how mine looked with 19" wheels and the VW fitted lowered springs, which were 30mm lower, and as far as I know, this is as low as VW will go on springs, unless it's changed since I purchased mine.

View attachment 46108
Thanks Tourereshine
I will look further into this. I also think I may go for the 19" wheels . I was thinking 20" but after seeing your van it looks perfect with 19"s.
Thanks for the photo.

Thanks Tourereshine
I will look further into this. I also think I may go for the 19" wheels . I was thinking 20" but after seeing your van it looks perfect with 19"s.
Thanks for the photo.

I've always been an advocate for 19" wheels. They are not too small, and not too big, but I wouldn't be against 20" wheels. Bare in mind that if you're looking to have load rated tyres, that it is a little more difficult to find sizes in 19" specially if super low profile is your thing.
Saying all that I don't have the Black wheels in that picture anymore, but replaced them with more 19"

apologies for being late to the party - vwcv now do the eibach coilover -65mm kit, fitted if required. I've had a quote today for £1800 large. If you have ACC you can add on another £150 for re calibration.

Thanks for all you help guys,
I been super busy at work but managed to speak to Oli at Bognor motors last week who was a great help and a mind of information. He also recommended Bilstein suspension. He has offered a back to back test drive in a couple of his vans so I'm going to see him next week. Then I will make my decision and order the new van. That is once I've picked myself off the floor after seeing final price !!!! Then hopefully not to long a wait before it arrives.

Back