EGR temp sensor 2 part number

MyfirstVW

Evening all, I’m currently battling the old adblue sudden drop to 650 no start alert (not over filled, VW say no software update needed) the usual lines of enquiry. I have a few fault codes via Carista but will be running a VCDS scan when my new laptop arrives tomorrow. So far I have;
15560 - EGR Sensor "A" Circuit Range/Performance
31103 - SCR NOx Catalyst Efficiency Below Threshold Bank 1 Catalyst 1
33262 - Reductant System Performance Bank 1
Upon mooching around with a bore scope I’ve found oily discharge from the front EGR pipe where it goes back into the inlet (this was changed about 3 years ago). And the EGR temp sensor 2 looks to me although hard to see like it has become corroded where it leaves the shaft of the sensor.
So 2 things I’m hoping you experts might be able to help with;
Does anyone have the part number for both a new EGR front pipe and the Temp sensor 2 (plugs directly into the forward most part of the EGR cooler just below the front pipe) in the workshop manual it’s identified as 21 (below). 2017 CXEB. Any help very much appreciated.
2nd, I’m really reluctant to start replacing costly Adblue parts in blind hope, is there any series of tests / checks I can do to try to pinpoint why I’m getting this error? IMG_1145.png

IMG_1149.png
Thanks all, much appreciated.

this is an interesting one. .

a sudden drop to 650 Adblue is normally when the system cant detect the Adblue level.

normally from over filling. or contaminated Adblue,

vw normally start by draining out Adblue to a lower level,

apart from that Adblue wire loom damage is known - rodents chew the sensor loom underneath.

im thinking those codes may not be related.

+++++++

aside from that have you had the EGR flushed or replaced yet? . . what's the millage and year of van. (2017 cxeb)

that will need doing at some point, (insufficient egr flow)

+++++++

a full vcds scan may offer more detail.

@mmi is a master at interpreting VCDS scan data.

Reactions: mmi
Mileage 90k, I’ve done nearly all of that too so can vouch for 85% of its history and wear and tear. EGR / cooler is being replaced next week along with ‘Full’ service. I will get under it at some point before that to check out the tank and loom so will look out for that damage you mention. VCDS scan will follow tonight once my replacement laptop is up and running. Thanks for the reply.

No one’s really bottomed out the 650 adblue fault, it normally just resets itself. I had the fault twice whilst on holiday abroad last year, it reset itself and hasn’t come back but I haven’t had to top up the adblue yet, I did read that a regen can make it reset, not sure if that’s true but given you have a Carista you could try a forced regen to see if it resets

Mine's in the garage for the same adblue thing now, for the third time. It came about after they replaced the turbos and haven't been able to pin it down yet what's causing it.

Drove the 650 down to 50 miles the first time, it then reset back to 5500 but then popped to 640 again, drove it all the way down to 30 and wouldn't reset.

it's got 4 codes that keep coming back:
P20EE
P204F

When I get it back will let you know what they've done to sort it... hopefully sooner rather than later and for good this time!

Mine's in the garage for the same adblue thing now, for the third time. It came about after they replaced the turbos and haven't been able to pin it down yet what's causing it.

Drove the 650 down to 50 miles the first time, it then reset back to 5500 but then popped to 640 again, drove it all the way down to 30 and wouldn't reset.

P20EE
P204F

When I get it back will let you know what they've done to sort it... hopefully sooner rather than later and for good this time!
That would be really helpful thank you.

P20EE
P204F

That would be really helpful thankyou

So, yesterday I got bored so I whipped off the front EGR pipe at the EGR cooler end, with that off I could clearly see the soot was moist, not the dried / caked on soot I saw when I changed the pipe 2 years ago. I used my bore scope and sent it down into the cooler and what should I find? Pooling coolant!… I ran a VCDS scan and nothing different to the Carista scrape. I did notice though that Reductant level and miles all read true. Did a DPF scan and again that all looks ok. So, EGR cooler being done a week Monday so fingers crossed that will solve the spurious errors relating to adblue. At least with that replaced I can start faulting the adblue without being skewed by the EGR cooler.

UPDATE, so after confirming cylinder pressure good and the obvious puddle inside the EGR cooler I had the EGR / cooler changed out, beast of a job especially on the DSG model as starter needs to come out. Anyways, Adblue issue - gone, coolant loss - stopped, throttle response - like night and day. I do plenty of miles so no doubt if Adblue issue returns It’ll be sooner rather than later. Looks like all the values for NOX and Adblue were thrown out by the coolant being where it shouldn’t. Worth noting if you have a similar issue. Also Checking the EGR was simple and took 10 mins with a cheap bore scope. Fingers crossed now

Hmm that’s interesting!

I might tell the garage this and see what they say.. think they’ve still not come to anything positive yet although I’m not sure how much time they’ve actually spent on it

It’s been there for 3 weeks now I think

Luckily mine went to my best mates garage and he turned it around quick. Worth mentioning it to yours. Good luck

So my van is now in a different garage as the first garage didn't manage to find anything wrong.

Second garage has just found a coolant temp sensor that wasn't fitted properly and caused a coolant leak into the undertray.. they're yet to see whether that has caused the whole adblue system to be up the brink but who knows!

fingers crossed it was as simple as that. Although, annoying you’ve had to wait so long to find that out. Good luck

So now garage have just said they can't see what's wrong with it so god knows what I do next

Really really starting to regret buying this pile of crap of a van

Just seems impossible to find a garage or someone that knows what they're doing or how to fix it.

Van is now booked in with a VW van centre for them to do a investigation

I'm starting to think this might well be a coolant leak causing the adblue errors just like above

EGR has been replaced 2yrs ago though so would assume that's not bust again?!

Back