EGR VCDS coding

piper1

VCDS User
VIP Member
Sorry if iv'e posted this thread twice.
i need to fit a new EGR valve, £600 notes from vw van service centre but they don't issue a vcds adaptation code.
They informed me that i would have to book it in to be recoded.
Is this correct?

Thanks Kev

Yes it will need adapting so the ECU understands the open and closed position values. If you speak to @Texxaco very nicely he's over in Tarporley and has VCDS and may be willing to help for a bear token or two I can remote log in or talk Pete through the procedure

Thank you for the reply, i do have vcds just dont know how to obtain the adaptation code.

It's not a code it's done under adaptation in the engine.

Changed the Egr yesterday and still no change, engine still pumping out loads of white somke and runs like a bag of nails on tick over.
Could some one please explain what the VCDS adaptaion procedure i need to carry out.
My Van has been of the road now for 11 months and has cost just over £6600 in desperate need of some HELP

That's not common for EGR faults. Infact I've never seen that.

Have you got any VCDS scans? Can you get the van to me?

Thank you for your reply, I will take a scan and post it tomorrow if that’s ok, both VW and the AA have recommended that the EGR be changed. This was the AA finding
Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - VEL / EDC Delphi DCM 6.2 UDS6168 - Unknown fault. Error Message : . Status :p100500 - Torque difference (cylinder 2). Error Message : Limit not attained. Sporadic fault. Status :p056200 - Power supply. Error Message : Signal too low. Sporadic fault.Vehicle misfiring on attendance and smoking from exhaust. Once vehicle gained operating temperature vehicle began to run like normal and smoke cleared slightly. Member took vehicle for road test and stated vehicle drove as good as normal. Advised member suspected EGR sticking/blocked causing rough running and smoking when cold. Member has vehicle booked into VW in February for further investigation and repair. Advised member to only drive vehicle to dealer. Engine Oil Level Ok. Coolant Level Ok. -​

Thank you for your reply, I will take a scan and post it tomorrow if that’s ok, both VW and the AA have recommended that the EGR be changed. This was the AA finding
Patrol found the following fault code/s:System : Engine control 1 - VEL / EDC Delphi DCM 6.2 UDS6168 - Unknown fault. Error Message : . Status :p100500 - Torque difference (cylinder 2). Error Message : Limit not attained. Sporadic fault. Status :p056200 - Power supply. Error Message : Signal too low. Sporadic fault.Vehicle misfiring on attendance and smoking from exhaust. Once vehicle gained operating temperature vehicle began to run like normal and smoke cleared slightly. Member took vehicle for road test and stated vehicle drove as good as normal. Advised member suspected EGR sticking/blocked causing rough running and smoking when cold. Member has vehicle booked into VW in February for further investigation and repair. Advised member to only drive vehicle to dealer. Engine Oil Level Ok. Coolant Level Ok. -​
Camco replaced fuel pump, fuel line, injectors, fuel tank flush and timing belt/ pump. Charged me £4300 and gave it back to me stating that it has an additional fault that they don’t repair?

Torque difference fault is usually injector related.

May be that the smoke is being caused due to unburnt fuel in the dpf / cat from the initial fuel system fault.

Morning these are the last two scans i done

Attachments

• Log-KR60KWR-WV1ZZZ7HZHH096910-85670km-53232mi - Copy.txt
    13.3 KB · Views: 6
  • Log-KR60KWR-WV1ZZZ7HZHH096910-85870km-53357mi.txt
    68.1 KB · Views: 4
Reactions: mmi
Camco replaced fuel pump, fuel line, injectors, fuel tank flush and timing belt/ pump.
Was the camshaft checked that the lobes have not moved/spun?

Was the camshaft checked that the lobes have not moved/spun?
No it was never mentioned

Back