EGR fault codes

I think it's a waste of time.

Yes I saw that one too. ANd indeed the sprays are not enough... But this is 2 liter of this stuff at a higher RPM... Read some of the comments. One of the comments is from a mechanic and he did this with about 13 cars and it worked.

I had p0401 and 80407 it’s said restricted flow would clear but came bk pending the little actuator arm was seized solid some one plugged it in January time and they was Egr fault them so cleard it been all right till a few weeks ago management light came on cleard but soon as you did 15miles it came bk not dash but said pending done about 100 now on new Egr had no fault codes since have you checked yours for any splits in the pipes
Checked it last week and couldnt see any splits.

Yes I saw that one too. ANd indeed the sprays are not enough... But this is 2 liter of this stuff at a higher RPM... Read some of the comments. One of the comments is from a mechanic and he did this with about 13 cars and it worked.

If only it was this easy. How would you even know the EGR was open to allow the chemicals to clean inside?
Have a look at this egr cleaning thread. That machine costs over £1000 and is used by VW to flush EGR's.
Now take a look at this thread were VW flushed someones EGR 7 times under warranty and the the problem still came back within months.
So if a machine engineered to connect directly to the EGR valve can't fix the problem there's little chance a spray bottle on the air intake is gonna work.

By all means give it a go if you think it will help, but I doubt it will tbh. Just my opinion based on others experiences.

I think it's a waste of time.

I can’t understand how it would work if it’s put in the inlet gets burned by engine witch would clean dpf but if Egr is not open how would it pass though the system
If only it was this easy. How would you even know the EGR was open to allow the chemicals to clean inside?
Have a look at this egr cleaning thread. That machine costs over £1000 and is used by VW to flush EGR's.
Now take a look at this thread were VW flushed someones EGR 7 times under warranty and the the problem still came back within months.
So if a machine engineered to connect directly to the EGR valve can't fix the problem there's little chance a spray bottle on the air intake is gonna work.

By all means give it a go if you think it will help, but I doubt it will tbh. Just my opinion based on others experiences.
i was thinking the same whats to say the Egr is open is they much flow at that rpm or if like mine nearly blocked how would it clean it the stuff in my Egr its rock hard

Alright. Thanks for the advice Howzat. I might just have tackle it and change the EGR myself. I hope its not too complex.

I posted in another thread a couple of years ago about a regularly clogging EGR in a Ford TDCi engine, see link above.

Since then I’ve bought a 2012 Audi A3 with a 2.0 TDi 138ps engine. After 8 months of ownership it started giving an EGR fault code. I got the garage to do an oil change but leave the oil only half way up the dipstick and 4000 miles later I haven’t seen the EGR fault return.

There isn’t much science to it and I only have my experience on two cars I’ve owned but to all you people who have regular EGR issues it has to be worth a shot. Fortunately my T6 doesn’t have an EGR fault but if it ever does….

Hey guys! Probably already been posted a million times already! But looking for a little advice.

Engine management light made an appearance yesterday… plugged the carista in and it showed me these two faults. (3rd fault on the photo is to do with sliding door).

I’ve got a 2018 T6 102bhp 5spd engine euro 6.

What would the most cost effective approach here? Cheers! 830001F3-41D4-4BB3-9BF3-7F84FC13A6B8.png

Hey hey,

I also have an EGR problem but still looking at other solutions. Did any of you try this? There are a lot enthusiast comments on this video of people who tried this.

Greetings
I did this the other night. Worked well for throttle response and quietness. However, P0401 and 23781 has come back! I’m going to do again as OReillys said stubborn engines need a couple goes. Also EGR return to exhaust manifold is leaking (cracked pipe) so need to replace that too

Back