Ecu

Roadrunner

Grape Yellow Beach
T6 Legend
So there we were coming home from Wales last week and for a change I let my wife drive. We had only just got to the outskirts of Builth and were heading off the downhill part of a big dip when the van seem to stall on the up hill part. (I think it stalled) Anyway the little orange coil light come on and says somthing about stop start. My wife pulled over turned off the engin and restarted, th elight disapeared . After that we drove home no problem. When I got back I phoned Marshalls up to ask about as the hand book told me to check with the dealer they booked it in for a check. So by the end of the day they phoned to say they could find no probelm and do I mind if they hold onto it to make sure. No prorblem to me so I said OK, next day I had heard nothing so I phoned up only to be told there was a problem with the ECU :eek:and it was a two week back order :cry:. They would get me another van. The retal car company phoned me up and told me they were ginving me a Merc with 9 seats :eek: WTF I had to phone VW up and tell them just to get me a car. It was dropped off this afternoon a GTD, dam what a Hooligans car it is, never driven one so fast since I was tuneing my Minis. Got it for two weeks while I wait for the Calli to come back. I'll be asking why the ECU failed if it did because I think they changed it as a precation:mad:

Would be interesting to know if the garage actually grabbed a fault code in the engine - although saying couldn't find any problem. Did they check for ECU software update - all EU6 150PS engines have got one this year - at least the LHD models up here have updates available.

In the Forum there are a few definite recorded fault codes indicating ECU failure (P062B 00) on EU6 engines - however no indication that the actual ECU has ever been replaced.

Note: sometimes the fault (P062B 00) is translated as “Internal Control Module, Injector Module” which is just poor translation (of German "Steurgerät defekt") in some diagnostic software.

---------------
Linking a few references of possibly similar/related incidents to help future searching.
1) ---> Safety issue- Engine dies when changing gear.
2) ---> Safety issue- Engine dies when changing gear.
3) ---> Mfd Oil Temp

Back