EcoFlow RIVER Max

Mike Dean

Aviation
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Is anyone using a EcoFlow RIVER Max Portable Power Station for wither work or camping?
Like some honest reviews from forum user compared to perhaps the Jackery or Nitecore.

:thumbsup:

Very expensive way to warm water by a few degrees

Not sure i understand this, its obviously far more capable than a kettle feed.

It would be used to power a laptop, small light and device charger when working on remote runway while inspecting aircraft.

I got one....

And an Allpowers.

And a DIY box....

Hi @Mike Dean, I have the larger Delta version which I am really pleased with...a very versatile and useful bit of kit, not just for our travels but useful if the power goes out at home and on site. Very well built.

Hi @Mike Dean, I have the larger Delta version which I am really pleased with...a very versatile and useful bit of kit, not just for our travels but useful if the power goes out at home and on site. Very well built.

Thanks Ricardo, I know the Ecoflow is more expensive than other but I think I will just go for it.
Do you know the best place to buy from with any club discounts?

I have a River Pro with the extra battery and it is awesome. I use these for various things, both work and play. The single River Pro without the extra battery is 720Wh and enough to keep a laptop, 4G router, tablets, phones, paddle board pump, etc alive for what seems like forever.

The AC output easily supports 660W in normal mode and using the X-Boost feature doubles the output to 1200W, although I understand that you have to be careful using sensitive electronics with the X-boost feature. I have used a small pressure washer with the River Pro on X-boost and tested a Nespresso coffee machine, which worked fine but obviously spanked the battery levels fairly hard!

I like the 1440Wh capacity and low height of the River Pro with the extra battery.

I can confidently say that these things are robust, after I put them down behind my vehicle and then reversed (hard) into them. They suffered slight cosmetic scratches and whilst this upset me, the performance has remained unchanged!

The low height of the River Pro and extra battery allows me to fit them both in a caravan locker together which is a good feature for me and the other option was their Delta model which is too tall for this purpose.

These things are bloody expensive, but genuinely very good.

I have a River Pro with the extra battery and it is awesome. I use these for various things, both work and play. The single River Pro without the extra battery is 720Wh and enough to keep a laptop, 4G router, tablets, phones, paddle board pump, etc alive for what seems like forever.

The AC output easily supports 660W in normal mode and using the X-Boost feature doubles the output to 1200W, although I understand that you have to be careful using sensitive electronics with the X-boost feature. I have used a small pressure washer with the River Pro on X-boost and tested a Nespresso coffee machine, which worked fine but obviously spanked the battery levels fairly hard!

I like the 1440Wh capacity and low height of the River Pro with the extra battery.

I can confidently say that these things are robust, after I put them down behind my vehicle and then reversed (hard) into them. They suffered slight cosmetic scratches and whilst this upset me, the performance has remained unchanged!

The low height of the River Pro and extra battery allows me to fit them both in a caravan locker together which is a good feature for me and the other option was their Delta model which is too tall for this purpose.

These things are bloody expensive, but genuinely very good.

Thanks very much for the review. When you say forever, how long?
If I was to run a 12 fridge, charge a couple of phones and maybe run a light in the evening to eat while under the stars, do you think 2 days?

The River Pro is 720Wh.
A typical laptop charges at around 55W, so 720Wh/55W= 13 hours of charge.
My small pressure washer is 1200W so that will stay alive for over 1 hour at full chat. (River Pro without extra batt would be just over 1/2 hr, as a River Pro with the extra battery doubles the capacity To 1440Wh, so double the above for this.)
Allow fir some inverter losses and don’t forget that cold weather makes things worse, but this gives a clue as to how long a charge will last.

Last edited:
Thanks very much for the review. When you say forever, how long?
If I was to run a 12 fridge, charge a couple of phones and maybe run a light in the evening to eat while under the stars, do you think 2 days?
if you want to run a fridge from a single River Max, I would suggest that you check the power requirements of the cool box/fridge. My compressor Waeco coolbox (TCX35) will drain a single River Pro on less than 14hours when on max, without some form of charge whether that be solar or some other form of top up.

Fortunately , I have a decent inverter and dc-dc charging capability in my van and so can charge the EcoFlow using 230V and consequently charge in just over an hour. This speedy mains charging capability seems to be the main benefit of EcoFlow over the other options.

Be warned that you’ll need decent solar input to any EcoFlow (160W ish) to keep a fridge going for long, and in winter you can forget it! (Red wine for winter!)

Last edited:
if you want to run a fridge from a single River Max, I would suggest that you check the power requirements of the cool box/fridge. My compressor Waeco coolbox (TCX35) will drain a single River Pro on less than 14hours when on max, without some form of charge whether that be solar or some other form of top up.

Fortunately , I have a decent inverter and dc-dc charging capability in my van and so can charge the EcoFlow using 230V and consequently charge in just over an hour. This speedy mains charging capability seems to be the main benefit of EcoFlow over the other options.

Be warned that you’ll need decent solar input to any EcoFlow (160W ish) to keep a fridge going for long, and in winter you can forget it! (Red wine for winter!)

I planned on buying the 160 solar and the extra battery. So I think that will be fine for while away for a few nights. I will do the maths as I’m starting with nothing so will look at the best cool boxes. Thank you

Back