Ebay - arrghhh!

former member

Account closed
T6 Pro
So I've put my old (less than six months old!) bow on Ebay for a very low price but without postage.
HOW many queries have I had asking if I'll post it? EIGHT!!

And many asking to buy it now. And many asking questions that are answered on the description.

ARRGHHH!!!

So I've put my old (less than six months old!) bow on Ebay for a very low price but without postage.
HOW many queries have I had asking if I'll post it? EIGHT!!

And many asking to buy it now. And many asking questions that are answered on the description.

ARRGHHH!!!
Will you post it?

Will you post it?
:mad::mad: :laugh::laugh:

It's an awkward shape and needs protecting - the new bow box is the wrong shape completely so I'd have to make one. Then it would be about £20. So not if I can possibly avoid it!

GJH - highly recommended. Started in January with my son as I wanted to learn something alongside him, not always teach him stuff.
He's done really well and I'm pretty pleased with my progress too.
Hasn't been cheap (if I sell this bow I reckon I'll still have got through not far off two grand) but we love it!

I was gonna ask that but thought it might tip him over the edge....but seeing as you 'very mentioned it...will you post it?...and how much to Buy it now?

Yep I hate eBay people at times because of this.

Wheels for example.

I want to buy wheels however the seller doesn't add the specs of the wheel like size, width, offset etc. Everytime.

Or selling wheels. I describe everything even size and then say "do your own research to see if they fit your vehicle" in the add.
Yet chumps still ask "will it fit my vehicle mate"

"What's your best price" even if I say no offers.....

Given up selling on Ebay, getting done for 10% of the price you sell for is robbery than Paypal takes their cut I just don't feel it is worth selling on.
You might be able to find a long cardboard box if you check a few local companies, they might have one you could have. I know we have long ones that valves come in my I doubt they are the length of a bow.

Loved doing archery :) still get the old recurve out and loose a few on occasion lol. Always fancied a go at field archery though just never got round to it.

eBay sucks for selling at times. Had my scoob outback on there a couple of times so far and you do get some daft questions. Need to put it on again so fingers crossed. Still sold my old motorhome on there so not all bad

So someone has bought it and they live in London. What does one do? Do I HAVE to post it now?!
I put "collection only."

Send them a message asking when they are planning to collect it

I got so bombarded with messages from the Ebay guy, I had to block him.
Sold to a really nice bloke who is a high level coach of the SW; cash paid, he's using it so new people can try compound bows at his club.
Ideal - and no darned fees. Between Paypal and Ebay I was looking at over 15% of the (rubbish) sale price!
Lesson learned.

Back