Midlife crisis

middle-englander

T6 Guru
Hello!

Just dropping in to say "Hi" really.

I've been reading many threads over the last couple of weeks since after realising life is too short, I've decided to get a camper and squeeze as much time out of my children while they're still interested.

I'm hoping to get a T6 and convert it myself (for the most part), and have pretty much decided on the direction I'm going for the big things, like a RIB bed, westdubs pop top, evo kitchen, Clayton LPS 2 with solar, and of course many other small but not insignificant bits! I've priced the first "phase" of the process at around £11.5k, this is to get it useable as a camper.

In regards to the base van I'm after pretty much any SWB with aircon, excluding the 84PS. I quite like the white vans with black detail so a bog standard panel van may well be the best option.
I was hoping to spend no more than £13k on something with less than 150k miles although after having searched auto trader, eBay, Facebook and Gumtree I'm starting to think I'm asking too much! Somebody did suggest that prices may come down a little after summer is over but I'm not sure this is as true for panel vans.
Any other suggestions on where to look?

Anyway my aim is for it to be completed by around April next year which should give me plenty of time to source a vehicle and do the work (famous last words...)

Enough rambling; good to be here, it seems like a great community!

Back