New guy alert...

g-bert

Hi all,

How's it going? We're new T6.1 owners after having an interesting ownership experience with a T4 (9 months owned, 6 months in the garage . And we've still theoretically got it, but we see it less than we see a positive bank balance-might be a connection there, possibly...), it's a fully converted Startline from a little company called SW Vans near Bridgend. Lovely people, can't recommend them enough and the prices are very reasonable for the spec.

Anyway, pic below/above depending on how this post works, we're definitely planning on making a few choice upgrades, top of the list being a Highline bumper swap front and rear (we've already addressed the god-awful wheel trims-what happened to the good old silver steels with hub caps?...). Obviously plenty of bumpers available here and on eBay etc., just wondering if the bumper guide brackets are removable and interchangeable across the Startline and Highline front bumpers please? Most of the ones I've seen for sale don't have them so I assume people are keeping them when they swap.

Thanks all!

IMG-20230313-WA0006.jpg

Welcome g-Bert! Nice colour, one of the best!
Hope you have fun here. Great looking Bus you have!
BJ

Welcome g-Bert! Nice colour, one of the best!
Hope you have fun here. Great looking Bus you have!
BJ
Cheers @BuilderJay, loving the Pure Grey (as you do too by the looks of it!), just need to get some coded bumpers so we can have even more of it... We've got some nice chrome side bars on it too now like yours, looks like SW sent us these pics before they fitted them. Ties it together nicely I think.

Just get some decent wheels. TBH the black commercial bumpers look great!
Thing is these vans can become a money pit once you get the bug! My last bus I had for 13 years!

Yeah, we're 50/50 on going classy with the colour coding and some tasteful alloys, or going full swamper with some banded steels and BF Goodrich all terrains and leaving the commercial bumpers on! We've only got 110hp, so a sportline upgrade would be writing cheques the engine can't cash. At least until the warranty expires and we send it to Pendle for a hefty remap...

Yeah, we're 50/50 on going classy with the colour coding and some tasteful alloys, or going full swamper with some banded steels and BF Goodrich all terrains and leaving the commercial bumpers on! We've only got 110hp, so a sportline upgrade would be writing cheques the engine can't cash. At least until the warranty expires and we send it to Pendle for a hefty remap...
.......see various Pendle threads

Yeah, I heard they hadn't quite got there yet. 3 years left on the warranty though so that'll give them a bit of time!

Back