DSP Amp recommendation

Pewt

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Looking for an amp to run my audio system......will need 8 channel with DSP to run the lot if possible.
Audison Voce Tweeter, Audison Voce 3" and Audison AP8 up front with Audison 2 way rear. Sub wise i've got a Hertz Mille Pro MPS 250 @2 ohm run with a Hertz HPC1D .....i will be adding a second sub/amp also.

Any ideas what will work ? Looking at Helix or would like to keep it Audison.

100% helix over the Audison DSP. Cleaner power supply and easier to tune and there a much more powerful DSP.

Helix V Eight would work nicely a little under powered for the AP8 Mid-bass drivers but your Mid-bass won't be running full chat 99% of the time.

Helix M One X for the sub also. Drop me a message I can sort you out fella no drama

Would it be worth getting the Helix V12 and bridging some channels or would that be overkill?

Helix V and P series amps cannot be bridged. If it's installed and tuned correctly it'll be fine

I'm running a Helix V8 powering Morel 602HE Mid-bass drivers Hertz Mille Legend mids and Tweeters and Mille Pro coaxials and a M One X controlled by the DSP powering a MPS250 S2 and never felt it feels under powered. Source unit is a Alpine iLX-F705D and currently waiting on the Helix BT HD module but that just because I'm wanting to play my music at 32 bits at 96khz

@Texxaco setup we installed a Hertz ML Power 5 amp which is the sister amp to the Audison SR5.600 running the mids, tweets and sub and a helix M Four DSP controlling everything and powering the rear and door drivers.

There's loads of options if you really want the power other options we've done is an M Six DSP, M Four amp and M One X for subs but all depends on space etc and how much you want to spend etc.

totally recommend Chris @Dav-Tec, knows how to set up your audio to your liking.

I am in the middle of upgrading my bass with another sub in the fron which Chris has made a one off enclosure which will transform my front bass.

Never seen the idea Chris has developed.

Back