DRL strip in aftermarket headlamp stopped working

Hi All,
I’ve got a 15 plate T6, with what I believe are factory-fitted headlights (as they are really quite poor!) The passenger-side DRL has recently stopped working - it is one of the ‘bar/strip’ style DRLs.
I’ve checked the fuses and all seem to be ok.
Is this style of DRL likely to be LED? In which case what are my options for replacing?
Or could it have a bulb? In which case where is this located?
Pic of the working headlight attached. Thanks

7165B497-F161-4AB1-921C-84628C8D5B7A.jpeg

That’s an aftermarket headlight not the factory original, not sore if there’s a lamp for that or just needs a new headlight ?

Hi All,
I’ve got a 15 plate T6, with what I believe are factory-fitted headlights (as they are really quite poor!) The passenger-side DRL has recently stopped working - it is one of the ‘bar/strip’ style DRLs.
I’ve checked the fuses and all seem to be ok.
Is this style of DRL likely to be LED? In which case what are my options for replacing?
Or could it have a bulb? In which case where is this located?
Pic of the working headlight attached. Thanks

View attachment 96714
These are aftermarket, not OEM.
The strip is indeed LED. I’ve not heard of a repair, so imagine you’ll either need to get creative or buy a new headlamp from Travelin-Lite / THQ / Van Style.

Oh and welcome to the forum.
Let’s have a looksey at them wheels, then.

These are aftermarket, not OEM.
The strip is indeed LED. I’ve not heard of a repair, so imagine you’ll either need to get creative or buy a new headlamp from Travelin-Lite / THQ / Van Style.

Oh and welcome to the forum.
Let’s have a looksey at them wheels, then.
Thanks - my fear was a new headlight unit. Bugger.
Pic below of Nelson in his full glory. Wheels are one-off banded steels - my dream!
146F8D83-F004-45C2-98C7-EBBC4B1EA59A.jpeg

Hi guys

I he t travelling light day fine running lights, I gave the headlights and the little thing DST fine runners underneath the headlights, one of them has stopped working they have been in 1 1/2 to 2 years should they have already stopped working, also any one how they are replaced?
Cheers in advance

Hi, I believe they’re a sealed unit and can’t be replaced.

It would be worth speaking to Travelin-Lite for their advice.

Hi. Does any one know what type of bulb I need for the bottom light( smile shaped) and how to access the light cluster from the rear
You help us mucho appreciated.

07AA7B23-E73B-4EF0-9B07-C4C6798D7DEC.jpeg

Hi. Does any one know what type of bulb I need for the bottom light( smile shaped) and how to access the light cluster from the rear
You help us mucho appreciated.

View attachment 178743
If by bottom light you mean the DRL strip at the bottom, that's a custom LED and I presume not replaceable.

They look like THQ v1 or v2.

You will need to go back to the original vendor of the lights, if less than two years old I would be requiring a replacement.

If by bottom light you mean the DRL strip at the bottom, that's a custom LED and I presume not replaceable.

They look like THQ v1 or v2.

You will need to go back to the original vendor of the lights, if less than two years old I would be requiring a replacement.
Hi,
Sorry Yes the strip at the bottom and unfortuantly its over 2 years old. I bought it with these lights fitted.
Thank you for reply.

• Sad
Reactions: CAB
Aren’t they after market t6 lights ? Could be wrong ?
yes they are after market. looks like a whole new light if I cannot replace the LED strip
Posts moved from the T6.1 Bulb List thread to this thread.
You could contact EM Tuning to see if they can repair the light by replacing the strip, but price-wise you may be better off buying a replacement pair in case the other unit later fails.

Posts moved from the T6.1 Bulb List thread to this thread.
You could contact EM Tuning to see if they can repair the light by replacing the strip, but price-wise you may be better off buying a replacement pair in case the other unit later fails.
Hi,
Thank you for the contact, i will get onto them now.

Thanks - my fear was a new headlight unit. Bugger.
Pic below of Nelson in his full glory. Wheels are one-off banded steels - my dream!
View attachment 96752
Hi,

I too have the same issue you had in 2020. what did you do in the end and if you bought a new lights, what did you buy as I dont want to be buying new lights agaain when the LED strip goes .

regards

tony

Back