Driving abroad with LED Headlamps

No the beam angle would be incorrect and the beam would kick up on the wrong side/wrong direction and would fail an mot

It doesn’t reverse the beam kick up it simply drops the complete beam output slightly

It doesn't lower the beam as such, it gives a flat beam, without the kick up that lights up our ditch side over here.

There are differing opinions above as to what it actually does?
Does it just lower the nearside headlight a bit?
Or
Does it flatten the beam cut-off so that there is no kick up at all?

At least no-one has suggested that it even provides a right-hand kick-up!

I've got a grey import bike from Japan, which I had registered in Germany for a few years. This has a totally flat cut-off on dipped beam so there was never any need to change the headlight or fit deflecters.

After testing on a dark single track lane with a fence on both sides, I would say both headlamps dip slightly...

Not required on LEDs
There is a section in the MFD>Lights for driving abroad which automatically kicks the lights over for right hand traffic
LED headlights have four directional motors and go up/down and left/right
I have a start line 6.1 with led head lights and can’t find this can any one help or do I need to see the dealer to plug it in to activate some thing? Thanks in advance

I have not been able to find the Travel Mode option on my T6.1 Highline. Took it in for its first oil change service today & after some chasing around, the dealer told me I'd need them to set the LED headlights for use in Europe at a cost of £50. They said that this charge would be made each time I needed them changed!! £100 for each trip across the Channel, assuming I have to get them switched back to drive at home, seems a real cheek.
Is this something I could do myself with the right software etc?

The beams are flat but the nearside might be set higher, use the adjustment screws to lower it a bit. Drive up to a garage door or wall to see for yourself.

Are the T6.1 LED's not flat beam so no change necessary for right hand driving? I believe the new Crafter with LEDs is flat beam.

My T6 with LEDs can be changed in the MFD but show us as a fault when scanned to remind that they have been changed from standard for left hand traffic.

Sorry @Loz you beat me to it.

Back