Driving abroad with LED Headlamps

Thanks I assume it's the caption travel mode that you tick, ask the same question on my dealership they didn't have a clue

As above I have just moved over to Germany and used the lights and vision tick which switches to use over here.

As above I have just moved over to Germany and used the lights and vision tick which switches to use over here.
They are not designed to be left that way, according to the manual you need to replace them with LHD versions.

But does it still make my lights legal for European travel by ticking the box? can't see how the stupid sticker system would adjust the direction of the beams, totally understand changing the whole unit if you're living over and Europe

But does it still make my lights legal for European travel by ticking the box? can't see how the stupid sticker system would adjust the direction of the beams, totally understand changing the whole unit if you're living over and Europe
Yes, it slightly lowers the nearside lamp so you don’t dazzle..

The stickers don’t work for these headlights.

Yes it will make them legal, I’ve been based here here in Germany 18 years and we have to have our cars tested by German TUV (MOT) equivalent even though they are UK RHD and all we do is use the flick mode in the menu and it’s fine.

As above, should only be used as a temporary measure, it shows as a fault on a scan if left in 'Travel Mode'.

But yes it does provide a level beam pattern instead of a raised beam to the left side so does not dazzle oncoming traffic when driving on the right.

Got a record to beat my 180 managed 122mph on the clock just before Pforzhiem on the autobahn, my 204 disappointingly struggles to 127mph, think the boot full of beer slows me down , its when your being flashed to get out the way by some nutter in a Porsche

I’ve never managed to get much more than 100mph on an autobahn before some numpty pulls out to overtake doing 50mph and it’s brown pants time as the van squirrels about dropping half its speed in 100m :eek:

I’ve never managed to get much more than 100mph on an autobahn before some numpty pulls out to overtake doing 50mph and it’s brown pants time as the van squirrels about dropping half its speed in 100m :eek:
I see... it's just a van, hanging on the passing lane, far away...:whistle:

If i can find out how to attach a photo will post a picture I've found of my 180 on autobahn few couple years ago

IMG-20150411-WA0000.jpg

Pforzhiem autobahn couple years ago, i hasten to add i didn't take the photo....both hands on the wheel

Hi,
I've read (somewhere!) that LED headlights can be configured so they don't dazzle when driving in Europe, is that correct?

If yes, can anyone tell me where to do this in the MFD options? I can't find them...

Many thanks
Brian.

does that mean you could buy the german headlights and tick that box when installing them? I've been thinking about doing the LED headlight upgrade next.

Back