Driving in France with factory fitted LED

MallettUK

Hi All, I have a 2021 T6.1 with LED headlights from the factory and we are off to France soon.

I’ve ask my local VW garage this question and they don’t seem to know the answer.

Do I need to place any stickers on the headlamps? My wife’s Passat has an option to change to left hand drive however my van does not.

I’ve looked at the pattern of the bean on the wall and it seems fairly straight. Maybe a small (tiny) kick up to the left but that might be the wall.

Does anyone know the answer to this or where I would find the answe please?

Hi All, I have a 2021 T6.1 with LED headlights from the factory and we are off to France soon.

I’ve ask my local VW garage this question and they don’t seem to know the answer.

Do I need to place any stickers on the headlamps? My wife’s Passat has an option to change to left hand drive however my van does not.

I’ve looked at the pattern of the bean on the wall and it seems fairly straight. Maybe a small (tiny) kick up to the left but that might be the wall.

Does anyone know the answer to this or where I would find the answe please?

Defectors aren't required due the flat beam.
See here for more info:

I have been informed that the LED front lights can be changed to alter their beam pattern for driving right hand drive in Europe. On the T6 it was set on a menu using 'travel mode'. Yet on the T6.1 it requires a visit to the workshop. My dealership should have done this for me and assured me it was a quick job with the VW laptop and OBD connected.

I've taken it to a VW workshop in Munich and they have not got a clue. Can any techies out there confirm it can be done - and if so how please?

Thanks in advance

I have not been able to find the Travel Mode option on my T6.1 Highline. Took it in for its first oil change service today & after some chasing around, the dealer told me I'd need them to set the LED headlights for use in Europe at a cost of £50. They said that this charge would be made each time I needed them changed!! £100 for each trip across the Channel, assuming I have to get them switched back to drive at home, seems a real cheek.
Is this something I could do myself with the right software etc?

I'll be on the Eurotunnel at the end of May - can I ask you what you've done about headlights for driving in France? The T6.1 doesn't have a 'Travel Mode' in the MMI settings, to adjust headlights for driving abroad. My local VW van centre has suggested I need to go in and see them so they can activate travel mode using VCDS, but this sounds odd to me. I'd be very grateful if you could let me know what you've done with your 6.1 mate :thumbsup:

Reactions: mmi
If the beams are flat, then you aren't going to blind anyone. Just stick on some cheap deflectors to satisfy the French police, and carry on.
Pete

Back