Drivers Door Window Replacement?

Tourershine

Senior Citizen.
VIP Member
T6 Master
Whilst it's not unusual to find me here early in the morning, this isn't a case of I cannot sleep.

I've just been woken to my alarm going off and subsequently now have no drivers door glass, or wallet :( (yeah I know it's daft to leave it in the van, but I always have, or I end up forgetting it) and lesson learnt.

Anyway, does anyone know what the procedure is getting glass replaced rather efficiently, because I cannot lock my van.

At the ripe age of 44, this is the first time i've ever had a vehicle broken into. Thankfully they missed my cash box, and the £100 that was in my glovebox. All stupid mistakes, and an adverse effect of becoming complacent in a nice area. More gutted they got my vintage Mulberry wallet that was a gift from my wife a long time ago.
They also got into another van down the road, and another car, but my alarm obviously scared them away.

On the same subject, a warning to anyone using Santander to bank with. There is no way to contact them at this time of the morning, or out of normal working hours, which seems absolutely insane these days, so i've had to transfer money out of my accounts into other accounts swiftly.
I still have to go off to work in several hours, and thank god it's not winter, but hoping someone knows if it's an easy fast process getting the window, that I don't mind fitting myself.

Shit when this happens mate. Caught a few scrotes in my time and its not ended well for em i can tell ya. You still end up out of pocket but feel better for the anger release!. Do TPS sell glass?. Hope you get it sorted.

:( tw@ts! Autoglass? Think my insurance has a contract with them, don’t know if that’s common?
For future ref, I can recommend getting clear security film put on the fronts. They’ll still get through if they’re determined, but it’ll take longer which often means they’ll abandon, but probably more importantly it mostly sticks together and means you’re not fishing crumbs of glass out of every possible hiding place afterwards.

Is the security film not banned now because the emergency services can’t get in?

Didn't know there was a security film ???
Is it like a vinal wrap film ?
Any idea the cost of it ?

@Tourershine Nightmare dude, feel for you. . . . . .

Your insurance company should have you covered re the replacement glass.

out of interest was it the OEM alarm or a 3rd party alarm that went off on your bus?

Sorry to read this fella. It is a shit thing to happen, and really leaves you feeling uncomfortable, apart from the monetary loss. A problem shared and all that. Everyone here supporting you, and has the same feelings of rage for the scum that did this.

You never know, the wallet may be in a gutter a couple of streets away. That has no value to the thieves, they just want the cash, and the wallet could link them to the theft. :geek:

At least they didn't take the mat. :whistle:.. Is it too early for that ?!

@Tourershine Nightmare dude, feel for you. . . . . .

Your insurance company should have you covered re the replacement glass.

out of interest was it the OEM alarm or a 3rd party alarm that went off on your bus?

Factory mate. To be fair my wife heard the banging as they were trying to smash the window, and the alarm went off the instant the window smashed.
If it wasn't for that, I'd of probably lost a lot more stuff.

Auto windscreen came out and did mine in a couple of hours after it was smashed through the insurance.

With regards to the security film we have it fitted on MOD contracts and it does a very good job of holding the glass together but not sure I would want it in my van, it's not called bomb blast for a reason.

I'm afraid crap happens :( but just remember you were brought up and they were dragged up in the gutter, that's why you have the nicer things in life and they dont:thumbsup:.
And you dont need a moral to this story with regards to leaving your wallet :rolleyes:

It was quicker for me to sort out the glass myself, and only cost £67, and will be here tomorrow. I just don't have the spare time to sit going through loads of questions with my insurance company, and then the potential wait whilst they faff about. Something this simple is better off under my control.

My business card was used, and they got £24 worth of crap from a 24hr garage, but the obvious sting in the tail is the bank gave me the exact location and the exact time, and a Shell station full of CCTV should hopefully help out the police.

Plus a random stranger posted my driving licence through my letterbox, but didn't leave a note to say where they found it :(

I know my complacent attitude has bitten me in the ass, but you live and learn. The guy down the road had his car and van targeted because he didn't lock either of them. This is the kind of Close I live in, or did.
The scrotes got into 20 vehicles according to the police as of 8am this morning, and they expected more reports as people woke up.

It was quicker for me to sort out the glass myself, and only cost £67, and will be here tomorrow. I just don't have the spare time to sit going through loads of questions with my insurance company, and then the potential wait whilst they faff about. Something this simple is better off under my control.

My business card was used, and they got £24 worth of crap from a 24hr garage, but the obvious sting in the tail is the bank gave me the exact location and the exact time, and a Shell station full of CCTV should hopefully help out the police.

Plus a random stranger posted my driving licence through my letterbox, but didn't leave a note to say where they found it :(

I know my complacent attitude has bitten me in the ass, but you live and learn. The guy down the road had his car and van targeted because he didn't lock either of them. This is the kind of Close I live in, or did.
The scrotes got into 20 vehicles according to the police as of 8am this morning, and they expected more reports as people woke up.
Clearly a proper bit of deliberate targeting. Like you say at least the Police can follow up on the use of the card, if they want to and have the resources to do so. But even then wouldn’t/ possibly couldn’t get a conviction linked to the original criminal damage event as nothing to say that the person presenting the card was the same as the person having nicked it. “Honest me lud, i’m a proper law abiding person, no i’ve never been in trouble before. I just found the card in the street and thought i’d chance my arm, as I am so down on my laurels at the moment and my 28 children need to eat and the best I could do for them was some Ginsters from that there petrol station”!

Believe it or not, the police will not investigate card theft/fraud unless it is VERY large scale, in the public interest (high profile victims) or most commonly if the financial institution present the police with a file clearly identifying a suspect that can be located (face covered or obscure angles on CCTV is not included). Very often unless the suspect has been clearly identified as the person responsible then that will not be investigated either. Plod don't have time to investigate these things; it's madness.

Got to the garage, give them few quick for a screen shot of the user and post it in paper.. wait for a name and go find.. or let me know and I'll got get some fingers n thumbs for the evidence box.

Got to the garage, give them few quick for a screen shot of the user and post it in paper.. wait for a name and go find.. or let me know and I'll got get some fingers n thumbs for the evidence box.

I'll join that crew !

As if this month couldn't get any f*****g worse, my ATMB tag has been frozen because my cards were cancelled, (only found out today when I pulled up to a toll) I cannot access my storage because they took my key card and to make a month totally crap, my beloved mountain bike was stolen from the centre of Nantes earlier on :mad: locked up in full view, with a good d-lock, through a proper bike park.
The only good thing is they didn't take my wifes Giant, and my 13 year old daughters Frog bike.

Could this month get any worse.

Back