Drivers’ Footwell Plastics - What Are These For?

Ads_Essex

Local lowlife
VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Legend
As per the title, I want to know if I’m missing something - are these hooks supposed to hook in to something?

8AEB6BA8-BBEA-44A6-BBBC-2B51AC81AAD9.jpeg 431F8396-A24D-4BB0-B20B-5040BE8D52B3.jpeg

Since the photos were taken, I’ve fitted the other (black) trim that sits between the part in question and the lower (cream) dash, but still can’t see what these hooks are for!

Don’t they hook into the other black part? I seem to remember when I took this off the two parts came away together because of this hook.

I can check in a bit if no one else responds first. Currently on Mother’s Day detail though, doing jobs round the house etc.

I don’t remember my wife ever mowing the lawn or servicing the cars on Father’s Day!

Don’t they hook into the other black part? I seem to remember when I took this off the two parts came away together because of this hook.

I can check in a bit if no one else responds first.

I thought that, but it doesn’t seem to fit.
See poorly attached photo:

B66EC41A-77B1-43C5-AF3D-6C9E0A4A0211.jpeg

Currently on Mother’s Day detail though, doing jobs round the house etc.

I don’t remember my wife ever mowing the lawn or servicing the cars on Father’s Day!

:fast rofl:

As per the title, I want to know if I’m missing something - are these hooks supposed to hook in to something?

View attachment 63718 View attachment 63719

Since the photos were taken, I’ve fitted the other (black) trim that sits between the part in question and the lower (cream) dash, but still can’t see what these hooks are for!
Lower trim panel, have a look on the passenger side, moulded black plastic just clips in. Them hooks sit behind it. :thumbsup:

Back