T6.1 Connector Identification under Drivers Seat

EAN

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Currently in the very early stages of scoping out the upgrade of my leisure installation:
It’s currently a standard VW second battery under passenger seat set up.
Under the drivers seat is pretty clear except for a diesel heater pipe coming up through the floor and exiting out through the rear plastic trim and a connector block bracket on the rear edge of the seat frame which is only populated with one blue interconnect:
The cable for it just comes up from under the floor, goes into a blue interconnecting block and then back out under the floor again.
I intend to either reposition the bracket holding it or possibly just get rid of the bracket altogether.
Can anyone let me know what signals go through this blue interconnecting block?
I had a quick look at the wiring diagrams in the VIP section, but couldn’t work out where I’m supposed to be looking.
Also how do you remove the interconnecting block from the bracket?
Disconnecting each half is obvious but is there a push tab or something to release the connector itself from the bracket?

IMG_20230710_143106_739.jpeg

IMG_20230710_143242_129.jpeg

IMG_20230710_143643_0.jpeg

That plug is part of the adblue system, the wires go down through the floor and over towards the adblue tank, not sure if its the adblue injector or heater but its something related to that system
If you unplug it and forget to plug it back in when you run the van you get an SCR fault - thats what i heard anyway obviously i wouldnt do this to my own van :laugh:

@Pauly Thank you.
Is there a knack to removing these type of connectors from the black holder?
I haven’t tried at all, but don’t want to break anything, so very cautious, but see many have removed them on their seat installs.

Yea they are easy enough to remove, generally you unplug the two halves and the captive half that remains in the holder has some type of plastic clip to release it
If you are struggling or not sure just undo the two metal screws holding the plastic frame to the metal seat base and you will be able to move it around and turn it over etc to get at it a bit better

Reactions: EAN
They are pretty resilient, if you cant get a fingernail on it i use a small terminal screwdriver for things like that, as long as you dont apply mega force you will be fine its not something that tends to go weak or brittle

Reactions: EAN
@Pauly Feel a bit daft now!!!
Disconnected the connector from the top, removed the bracket from the seat base and then as soon as I saw underneath it was so obvious what to press to remove it. So simple. Picture attached
I thought disconnecting it had something to do with the purple bit on the side, but No, I’m a numpty!!!

IMG_20230711_091629_858.jpeg

Seems to be wiring to exhaust flap control unit - yet another gadget in the loop controlling emissions.

Back