Full width tailgate opening plastic OEM trim

catfood12

VCDS User
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Mates

I see some vans with the full width plastic trim on the tailgate threshold on the floor. My PV, and many other vans' photos on here, have the cut down central trim around the latch keep only, but plastic nut inserts either side for a full width trim. It looks like there's bits missing, but I know that's OE.

I have search to no avail. I'm sure it's an OEM piece, but what Transporters have the full trim, and anyone have a part number or sensible description to search on ?

Kombi or deeper caravelle rear threshold strip/trim

I'm lining my panel Van out for work , do these wider trims fit over 12mm plywood floors ?

Also would that be the same for the deeper Kombi side step ?

I'm lining my panel Van out for work , do these wider trims fit over 12mm plywood floors ?

Also would that be the same for the deeper Kombi side step ?
Should fit OK, I use them over raised floor with Reimo seat rails which are much higher than 12mm. Worst case scenario is that you will need longer screws to pull it down.

Kombi step may be too high for only 12mm extra floor depth, again I find them OK with the higher floor which has ply top over 22mm Celotex insulation.

Sorry to Hijack the thread but I seem to be missing the “screw recievers(wall plug)” bits to screw the threshold cover down, anyone know where I can buy these?

Back