Drinks bottle holder

CAB

Leisuredrive Vivante
VIP Member
T6 Legend
Has anyone got a solution for holding a water bottle with a standard dash? I can't fit a bobble bottle in the dash cup holder, I don't want it in the sun anyway.

There's an insulated Brandrup (?) thing, but looks a bit fiddly.

I found a clip on thing on aliexpress for the door, will probably get that if I can't find anything else.

Comfort dash centre console upgrade ? (only works if you have single seats)

Reactions: CAB
Did consider that, but was looking for a 2 figure solution rather than 3 :eek:

Last edited:
whats a bobble bottle ? (regional dialect?)

lol . . . gotcha =]

Not seen them. In London the Metal style re usable ones seem popular now, with people moaning about single use plastic and all that.

1589525256419.png

It's a posh version of a plastic water bottle normally sold in posh supermarkets or department stores for snobby posh people. My wife has one and thinks it's great. Homepage - Bobble
:thumbsdown:

On second thoughts, bang to rights :thumbsup:

The reason I like them is that you can use them one handed, pull up the stopper with your teeth and then drink. Like a sports top on a mineral water bottle, but easier and reusable. Safer for a quick slurp while driving.

I've ordered the aliexpress clip on bin, will report back in 20-40 days!

I think we're allowed them oop North now....
Don’t get them! They are rubbish, my kids have them and they are impossible to clean as they are so thin.

Cycling bidon is the best solution fits in bottle holder on dash and I seem to accumulate them so never have a buy any expensive bottles!

Had mine a while, but only used infrequently. Good shout on the Bidon though, didn't think of them.

Didn't know they were called that though, can you tell I'm not a cyclist :rolleyes:

Had mine a while, but only used infrequently. Good shout on the Bidon though, didn't think of them.

Didn't know they were called that though, can you tell I'm not a cyclist :rolleyes:
Tbh, I call them bottles but I know there are a lot of cyclists on here so I thought I should use the correct terminology or they will get upset ;)

Can you not just use the coffee mug type. They have a degree of thermal insulation to keep things cool/hot and you just pop the flip lid open, with your thumb.

The bodoms rubber grip comes in a range of colours to suit your van/taste. This one would suit diarrhoea br..o...w. eh, a chestnut van. 20200515_181554.jpg

Get the colours that nobody wants at TK Maxx, (when it eventually reopens), for not many pennies either.

Likewise this fetching pink number branded Thermocafe, I'm sure came from Tesco, on sale for a fiver.
20200515_181636.jpg

Last edited:
Another option I hadn't considered, thanks!

That's why I like this forum so much, lots of good ideas, even daft questions are treated seriously!

Forgot I had this one also. But my tip would be go for one with tapered sides, like the coffee types above. When the taper clearance fit becomes an interference fit, it holds the vessel more securely and it's easier to get it out.

20200515_213722.jpg

All good suggestions, thanks all. If my Ali-x bin bargain doesn't work I shall work my through them.

All good suggestions, thanks all. If my Ali-x bin bargain doesn't work I shall work my through them.
Do you have a picture or link to what you have ordered? I’m interested to see what it is

Do you have a picture or link to what you have ordered? I’m interested to see what it is
Searching 'car cup holder' brings up loads of different designs and options on the Aliexpress app. Same for car mobile phone holder, car dash cam and so on.

Back