DPF Regen Frequency / Issues / Force discussion.

:D - impressive!

Have you tried to trigger by VCDS:
-Service regeneration of particulate filter​
-Service regeneration of particulate filter while driving​

Please post
1) full engine section of VCDS scan​
2) full measument block data from the engine - how-to here --> https://www.t6forum.com/threads/t6-and-dpf-yes-that-old-chestnut.26873/post-373585
Not that I need too @mmi , but how would I go about doing a regen through VCDS if/when I might need to?
Where is that function?
Thanks

Reactions: mmi
Not that I need too @mmi , but how would I go about doing a regen through VCDS if/when I might need to?
Where is that function?
Thanks
Among many other exciting functions, they are under VCDS > Select Control Module > Engine > Basic Settings.

If Security Access code is needed, then the path would be VCDS > Select Control Module > Engine > Security Access > Basic Settings.
VCDS should tell the code when hovering mouse over the input field. However, haven't yet tried these so can't help with other details....

:D - impressive!

Have you tried to trigger by VCDS:
-Service regeneration of particulate filter​
-Service regeneration of particulate filter while driving​

Please post
1) full engine section of VCDS scan​
2) full measument block data from the engine - how-to here --> https://www.t6forum.com/threads/t6-and-dpf-yes-that-old-chestnut.26873/post-373585
I explored VCDS software and forum more today, and I concluded, that I have a clone VCDS cable.
I get the "Services not supported in active session" error when I try to do a service regen while driving
I saw a fellow colleague on forum, had the same issue with the clone VCDS cable, I can't enter the security access code and I can't do a full measurement block from the engine either. it doesn't save anything in "Logs" folder

I'll purchase a genuine cable and try with that.
I'll keep you updated :)

I bought today a Carista dongle thinking I might get away cheaper than a genuine VCDS cable.
Tried to initiate a force regen with Carista several times but without success. (I verified with the ebay vcds cable if regen had started but it's almost 1200 miles since last regen)
At some point the soot level started to drop, but nothing significant. It went from 59,99g to 59,90 and than back again to 59,99g:confused:
It seems I have to lower the soot level with a genuine vcds cable and try a force regen again. (I read somewhere on ross tech forum, that someone had a similar issue like me, and got a high soot level and couldn't force regen. He lower soot values like when you change DPF filter and insert new soot values.)
Back to plan A with a genuine VCDS cable :D

I bought today a Carista dongle thinking I might get away cheaper than a genuine VCDS cable.
Tried to initiate a force regen with Carista several times but without success. (I verified with the ebay vcds cable if regen had started but it's almost 1200 miles since last regen)
At some point the soot level started to drop, but nothing significant. It went from 59,99g to 59,90 and than back again to 59,99g:confused:
It seems I have to lower the soot level with a genuine vcds cable and try a force regen again. (I read somewhere on ross tech forum, that someone had a similar issue like me, and got a high soot level and couldn't force regen. He lower soot values like when you change DPF filter and insert new soot values.)
Back to plan A with a genuine VCDS cable :D
Meanwhile, the clone might be capable of extracting measurement blocks individually one by one via "Adv. Meas. Values" -function (under Engine). The interesting ones are the red ones below (a copy from https://www.t6forum.com/threads/t6-and-dpf-yes-that-old-chestnut.26873/post-373743 ).
1622801736762.png

Meanwhile, the clone might be capable of extracting measurement blocks individually one by one via "Adv. Meas. Values" -function (under Engine). The interesting ones are the red ones below (a copy from https://www.t6forum.com/threads/t6-and-dpf-yes-that-old-chestnut.26873/post-373743 ).
View attachment 118378
Address 01: Engine (04L 906 056 KB)

14:04:00
IDE00431 Particle filter: field regeneration lock status 235
IDE00434 Particle filter: soot mass calculated 59.99 g
IDE00435 Particle filter: soot mass measured 3.03 g
IDE01410 Charge limit over-charge 50.00 g
IDE06059 Particulate filter: oil ash mass 12.21 g
IDE06060 Particulate filter ash load limit 110.00 g
IDE07528-MAS12283 Coordinator releases for DPF regeneration-Components and systems fault-free Condition met

Further to previous posts, just a little more info, it might be useful for some. So my Carista was reading 29.6gm of soot this morning so decided to take it for a spin, level got to 30.2gm and the Regen kicked in, the only way I knew was the soot levels dropping on Carista. Interestingly, the soot level dropped even when driving in town at <2000rpm and 30mph. The soot dropped to 8.5gms and regen stopped, with level of soot then increasing as normal, around 1gm every 5 miles. Current ODO reading is 240 miles so next regen should be around the 390 mile mark, Carista is indeed turning out to be an invaluable tool if you make a lot of short journeys like me. Hope somebody finds this info useful Cheers
Same as mine, twice now in the first 300 miles, exactly as above. New T6.1 150 manual. Slow London's traffic and finished stationary, so no need to go out of town anymore...

Address 01: Engine (04L 906 056 KB)

14:04:00
IDE00431 Particle filter: field regeneration lock status 235
IDE00434 Particle filter: soot mass calculated 59.99 g
IDE00435 Particle filter: soot mass measured 3.03 g
IDE01410 Charge limit over-charge 50.00 g
IDE06060 Particulate filter ash load limit 110.00 g
IDE07528-MAS12283 Coordinator releases for DPF regeneration-Components and systems fault-free Condition met
My interpretation has been that "IDE01410 Charge limit over-charge 50.00 g" is the maximum allowed soot amount for DPF-regeneration to happen - thus ECU possibly has now locked out the regen. However, I seem to remember that someone here succeeded to force DPF regen above 50 grams of soot (calculated) - just can't find the thread :thumbsdown:

The lock out is possibly indicated by "IDE00431 Particle filter: field regeneration lock status 235" -(binary 1110 1011) normal value seems to be "8" (0000 1000)

Obviously you've got a new DPF recently - that has been in there less than 40,000 km.
Mileage: 449946 km

My interpretation has been that "IDE01410 Charge limit over-charge 50.00 g" is the maximum allowed soot amount for DPF-regeneration to happen - thus ECU possibly has now locked out the regen. However, I seem to remember that someone here succeeded to force DPF regen above 50 grams of soot (calculated) - just can't find the thread :thumbsdown:

The lock out is possibly indicated by "IDE00431 Particle filter: field regeneration lock status 235" -(binary 1110 1011) normal value seems to be "8" (0000 1000)

Obviously you've got a new DPF recently - that has been in there less than 40,000 km.
I bought the van 1 month ago.
The previous owner didn't tell me about new DPF only about the some intermittent glow plug indicator (which turned out to be a broken wire from the fuel temp sensor)
The van was used to carry workers from Romania to Austria (women caring for the elders) so it did mostly highways.
That is a good news at least :D

Update:
I managed to buy a genuine VCDS cable.
I reseted the soot values from Adaptation and the soot value changed to 30g and the fault code cleared (the one with the high soot value)
When I started the car, immediately wanted to do a regen, I think, I didn't even needed to do a force regen but I triggered it anyway via VCDS.
After 25 miles the regen was done (showed soot value of 8,5g) and on my way back I triggered the regen with Carista just too clear it out good :D
After the same number of miles (25 miles) the regen was done again, Carista showing 8,5-9g of soot.
My problem now is solved :D Thank you for the advices and the helpful information on this forum.

Where is that function?
Thanks
Among many other exciting functions, they are under VCDS > Select Control Module > Engine > Basic Settings.

If Security Access code is needed, then the path would be VCDS > Select Control Module > Engine > Security Access > Basic Settings.
VCDS should tell the code when hovering mouse over the input field. However, haven't yet tried these so can't help with other details....
So, I did it... no security access code needed... got this +a related message on dash...
Forced_DPF_regen_start_small.jpg
and finally 19 minutes later light turns off and in VCDS message "Running" changed to this...
Forced_DPF_regen_finished_cropped.png

When a regen is triggered in Carista, the light comes on too and it forces to soot to 30g from what ever figure it was actually at. I wonder if Carista is just triggering the same protocol VCDS is?

I believe that Carista and VCDS, as well as OBDeleven, are using the same ECU function.

Below a time stamped recording about events during the forced DPF regen. Indeed, the soot jumped to 30 grams when triggered.
A kind of interesting detail is that the actual regen counter didn't start until the van was actually moving 50 s later (see green blocks, engine rpm).
1623357128503.png

So far mine has never been on but I used to drive a new jag XJ 3 ltd and that came on every third day! What a pain. I don’t miss that

Dear members,
I'm about to collect a new Shuttle t6 from a main dealer on Saturday and I'm a bit worried about DPF...it's a 66plate with only 17k miles on the clock.
When I looked at it last week the DPF light was on (yellow warning light).
The salesman explained that it hadn't had a run for a while and if we'd test driven it for a reasonable length of time and/or drive at high revs the light will go out and it was due to the DPF getting up to temperature and burning off.
I did some research and it seems that this is a known issue and just says to the owner to drive a certain way and the temperature will get high enough to clear the issue (high revs 15mins etc.)
I thought nothing of it but then began to do some more research....I assumed this DPF thing was new as I had never seen a similar light on my existing 07 touran even though at times we've not done long journeys.
My understanding is that for the light to come on it has to be already 80% clogged which means a long drive will clear the light but only for it to potentially come back on soon. My touran light never coming on suggests to me that we drive enough distances to not be a problem but will the van I'm about to buy already be too full of particulate that I may never clear it enough to get back to levels that don't mean the light comes on?
I spoke to the salesman and he said "you'll drive back from the dealer, the light will go off and you'll never see it again"
Am I being over cautious and should I be buying a car with a warning light on it only on good faith trusting that it will go out? My concern is that it is nearly full and any issues in the next few months will not be under warranty and my nearby dealer will just say I've not been driving it enough and I'll have to pay £1,000s to get it fixed!!!
Thinking of asking the dealer to put money where mouth is and sign a warrant for 1 year to cover DPF...
Am I being paranoid!?!
Help!!! I'm collecting the new car this weekend...

Any advice would be very gratefully received!!!
Weirdly I have a 2019 model and if I run it properly low on diesel it will flag the dpf warning every time, If it’s for sale they may be running it bloody low on fuel. It’s not an issue just get the engine to temp and keep revs up a bit to get it to regen. Takes couple miles to clear

Get them to do that to prove that's the case. Don't hand over a penny till that's clear

I had the engine on but i couldnt get into my “engine” in vcds with the security code. I've put the measuring blocks on and got the following information, i had the DPF warning light on last night but i am low on fuel. Do i need to fill it up and take it for a blast?
6C517A4B-C0CE-4B7B-94E6-9BB8F03D0793.jpeg

Thanks, nice and easy response. Thought as much! Will go get some fuel now.
There should be a sticker in the top right of the windscreen. It should say something along the lines of “go for a run in 4-5th gear around 60mph 2300-2500 rpm until the light goes off. We have a Skoda yeti DSG & the Van DSG. Both have the VW 2 litre diesel engine. I habitually give both vehicles an “Italian tune” when on the motorway. Knock it into manual, drop a couple of gears & give it a blast.

Back