Dpf Advice?

Vera

Recently purchased a '19 plate t6 2litre t32 kombi van and not sure what proportion of very short journeys I can do before dpf problems occur-I realise from reading handbook that when dpf light goes on I need to give it a good run. Never had a dpf before so would appreciate hearing others experiences-good and bad. Many thanks.

It’s difficult to give advice as our driving styles, daily mileage and circumstances are all different. I have had cars with a DPF since 2007, and have never had any problems, but each car always had a decent motorway/A-Road run at least once a week. The car that I notice doing regens most is our Euro6 Skoda, but no issues.

I certainly wouldn’t wait until the DPF light comes on though - try and get in a decent run once a week if the T6 is used daily.
Based on this forum, it feels there are more Euro6 DPF issues than Euro5. Our T6 is Euro5.

Pete

Noticed mine regenning on way to work this morning, 25 mile range, well in the red. Its had the software update.

Long runs and good fuel, and i've never had any DPF issues with any of my vehicles.

Back