2017 204 - DPF Filter at 60g soot above 50g forced regen limit

You can force a re-gen with Carista if the DPF levels are within parameters.

Yes, unfortunately that's the problem... I am not within parameters hence seeking some assistance from a VCDS user fingers crossed.

VCDS, but no idea of the costs associated?

Well I live just outside hinckley and I’ve got 2 Macbooks. Not sure the VCDS will work on a Mac though.
If one of your MacBooks has an Intel chip then you can install WIndows via Bootcamp.

Go for an Obd11 works a treat, same as vcds, no laptops cables etc.

Can clear the codes and force regen :thumbsup:

Ahem, there is a fundamental difference between OBDeleven and VCDS.
OBDeleven can launch all the same diagnostics and basic settings routines as VCDS. However, by using VCDS sensors (e.g. DPF temperature) can be monitored to keep track how things progress - without it's more or less fire up and cross your fingers.
E.g.

Ahem, there is a fundamental difference between OBDeleven and VCDS.
OBDeleven can launch all the same diagnostics and basic settings routines as VCDS. However, by using VCDS sensors (e.g. DPF temperature) can be monitored to keep track how things progress - without it's more or less fire up and cross your fingers.
E.g.
When doing a forced regen I can see live data of my dpf, egr temps if I want on Obd11, soot level, the lot, there's about a million parameters if you want them :thumbsup:

Alternatively, perhaps I'd be better investing in VCDS, but no idea of the costs associated? I currently have CARISTA but obviously won't do the trick.

I think it’s worth investing! That’s what did because I had an issue come up and thought I could either buy that or give the money to VW to fix the fault… I managed to fix the issue and now I have it for future use :D

Back