Double 3rd Row Seats

Brilliant thanks, I am just fitting some 1+1+1 in my middle row and I have an extra set of brackets for the 3rd row to give some flexibility, will get another set tomorrow for even more flexibility! 1+1+1 in the middle, triple,1 single in the rear!

Hi, sorry, only just seen your question. Yes you can, the spacing is equal between the QRs, you can just put 1 of the single seats in the middle if you wish.... or, if you do have a 3 seat bench this will also fit instead.

Finally finished this last night after spending what feels like forever assembling all the various parts required. Slightly nerve-wracking when it came time to start drilling holes in my expensive van, but I just took my time and measured everything 15 times. The longest part, as always, was the initial dismantling of the underneath stuff. Dropping the fuel tank and exhaust was the worst part. Putting it all back together was a doddle at the end, and crucially, no leftover screws or bolts (if you knew my history on this, you would understand the significance :) )

IMG_8267.jpg
IMG_8272.jpg

First test fit. Clicked in perfectly. Phew.

IMG_8273.jpg

Cutting these holes at 9:30 on a cold driveway was brilliant fun. Not.

IMG_8290.jpg

IMG_8292.jpg

As you've realised by now, I cancelled the idea of double 3rd row seats, sticking with my original plan of moving the 3 seat bench backwards instead. The 3 singles in the middle row will probably be 2 normally, with the middle one kept in storage for times when we really need 8 seats.

IMG_8294.jpg
IMG_8295.jpg

Or for the giant teenager to stretch his legs.

Actually thinking about building a little table that fits over the back of the middle middle row seat, so that they can have cupholders etc in the back.

I like that, but I think I'm done 'investing' in seats for now. Next up is to design the bed frame that will fit over the top of all this.

As per Griff's post on page 1, you may need to remove some plastic covers from the side of the seat frame to get it to fit alongside the wheel arch, and cut the plastic around the middle anchor point, but otherwise it should be pretty straightforward.

Has anyone done the double seat in the 3rd row with the right hand side auxiliary heater trim in place?

Has anyone done the double seat in the 3rd row with the right hand side auxiliary heater trim in place?

This is the question I was going to ask.

Looking at the pics in this thread and others that show the heater trim then it may be a case of cutting out a section for the feet.

Be nice if someone has twin middle seats or the double in the 3rd row with a the heater in there too...

Does anyone know if you can put the single from a 2+1 in the 3rd row? I already have 3rd row seat belts for moving the triple back. Usually people just buy the central single shuttle seat and put it in the centre but the prices of those have gone silly!!

as in this pic below, can I put brackets where I've marked it up red and put the single from a 2+1 there?? as I have found some cheap T5 ones on ebay.

Thanks!

1707212151387.png

Technically possible to add the brackets as the dimples are there however haven’t tried to see if seats fit as the metal brackets on the side of the single sticks out and I think may fouls the arch.

LWB photo, I see yours is a SWB

IMG_7365.jpeg

This is the question I was going to ask.

Looking at the pics in this thread and others that show the heater trim then it may be a case of cutting out a section for the feet.

Be nice if someone has twin middle seats or the double in the 3rd row with a the heater in there too...
Won’t fit without lots of plastic panel hacking even on a LWB. IMG_8972.jpeg

That won’t work - I mean anything is possible but this won’t be with factory mount settings, and a lot of messing around etc. The only seats that fit there are the centre seat from a shuttle- a conversion we have done lots.

Back