Door Locking Problems

vw-me

T6 Pro
Hi all

Has anyone had any issues with their sliding door not unlocking on both the fob and drivers door switch.
I’m having intermittent problems, sometimes it works okay and other times it doesn’t.

When it doesn’t and I’m driving the auto lock clicks a few times as if it can’t lock it or something is stuck. Does it 5 or 6 times before it gives up, then next time I set off from stops it tries again and again until it finally stops.

Van is converted but was done over a year ago so can’t see it being something the converter has done.

Hopefully someone has had issues too so I can go to the dealers with some kind of idea as to what it may be.

Cheers.

Does it lock okay manually if you push the button down or is that stiff?
Just thinking if the cabke us binding or if it is simply the microswitch in the lock not seeing it locked?

It’ll unlock manually from the inside, but not when you pull the door handle if that makes sense. (Usually 1 pull releases the lock, then another one and it opens the door) You’ve to manually switch the switch then pull the handle.
It’s a pain because I know when I go to the dealers it’ll work okay. Might have to take he panel off and have a look, but I don’t know what I’m looking for exactly.

I’d rather it just be broken than intermittently playing up.

Mine does exactly the same. It actually threw up a locking fault on my Carista recently, and I think like @Loz said, it's a faulty microswitch. I just haven't had the time to get it back to the dealers. Plus the way my racking is built, access to that side door to fix an issue will be very difficult.

Mine does exactly the same. It actually threw up a locking fault on my Carista recently, and I think like @Loz said, it's a faulty microswitch. I just haven't had the time to get it back to the dealers.

Did you set yours to double unlock on Carista, 1 press driver unlock, 2 presses all doors unlock ?
Also the auto lock too ?

Did you set yours to double unlock on Carista, 1 press driver unlock, 2 presses all doors unlock ?
Also the auto lock too ?

No. 1 press, all open, and yes Auto lock, which is also playing up. Up, down, up down, several times when I initially pull off, but hoping this is all related.

I had the same fault. Took it to VW for its 40k service and they changed the lock on the passenger slider under warranty. Hasn't done it since but that was only a week ago.

me too, started about 2-3 weeks ago, intermittant, have to manually unlock from inside. im gonna get it booked in

Yeah, I have auto locking, but the van’s not turned a wheel in 3 weeks, so it’ll be interesting to see if it does the auto locking thing. Not driven it since it started playing up.

——-UPDATE——

I had VW Assist out on Boxing Day as I had a flat battery.
Not the Moll battery problem.

Anyways whilst I was chatting to the bloke I asked if he’d heard of anyone having problems with the intermittent locking on the sliding door.
He laughed and said he’d done loads of them. Top bloke that he was ordered me one and just came and fitted it about an hour ago !

He said if I’d have gone to the dealers and they couldn’t recreate the fault then I’d have been sent on my way. But because they aren’t allocated time to wait and try to recreate a fault that they just crack on and change them.

I’ll see how it goes over the next week or so, fingers crossed that’ll be the last of the issue.

This is the full unit that was replaced.

18DCC9BE-418E-4246-907F-3C0A2FE9158F.jpeg

Last edited:
Back