Door Locking Problems

Oh dear I seem to have joined the club. Central locking not releasing on n/s sliding door accompanied by door open indication even though the door wasn't opened. Left it with VW Stoke overnight as frost was forecast. The following morning the technician experienced the same problem, but "couldn't" do anything because it didn't generate a fault code!
(well he did do one thing, he adjusted the striker plate and make it worse; but that wasn't obvious when I collected it because by then the temperature was well above freezing)
Will try VW Assist route next time.
Door closed microswitch stuck, have at it with wd40 then contact/brake cleaner.

I think I may well bypass the micro switch if VW won't do anything about it. A Reed switch on the door pillar and a magnet on the door should do the trick.

I think I may have joined the club but mine is the rear tailgate coming off the first catch and putting warning on dash .so I jumped out and opened and then shut it stayed shut for a couple minuites then same again ,and over the next few days did the same probably every couple minutes of driving until a driver pulled up along side and asked if I knew my tailgate was fully open.so again shut door and pulled into the next layby and rang vw to get it booked in as this is a serious safety consern. I was told sorry but the next appointment is about 3 weeks time , s o I took the apointment and spend more time looking at my mirrors than out of my windscreen to check on rear tailgate .I wonder if vw will re emburse me if some scroat comes along and empties my van because it has opened up on its own !!!!

it stayed shut for a couple minuites then same again ,and over the next few days did the same probably every couple minutes of driving
Interesting... T6 tailgate should autolock when vehicle has reached 5 km/h thus it then can't be released electrically neither inside nor outside.

However, I'm not certain if it has been set to autolock on all T6 (I've seen MY16 where it was not set to autolock (from factory), but on MY18 it definitely was).

Back