Random beep/buzz from bonnet [Resolved]

DBritt

I’m getting a random beep/buzz from under the bonnet unlocking the van and opening doors. It doesn’t happen all the time (the most annoying problems are intermittent) and there seems to be no pattern to it. Sometimes does one about 10 seconds after unlocking it. No warning lights or errors messages and everything seems to be working fine. Wondered if anyone else has experienced this as I can’t find anything else about it online.

the EGR valve can cycle a few times after locking.

but not sure about " beep/buzz from under the bonnet unlocking"

can you try and get it on a camera clip on your phone and post a link to that?

oh yeh, @ 3sec ( buzz/beep sound )

seems to coincide with the lock/unloack solenoid..

@Pauly @roadtripper - who i know have T6.1`s

have you come across this before? - any ideas?

There's a lot of gentle electrical hums and there is definitely a fuel pump on opening on mine but nothing so obviously and loud as that beep/buzz in sync with the indicators on mine.

I have seen in some of the coding apps that you can enable a beep on lock and I think I recall you can either get that done via the alarm siren chirp or the main horn - that sort of sounds like a short chirp on the main horn?

Only other thought is do you have a towbar - because it also sounds like the kind of buzzer you'd get for trailer feedback on indicators. I've no idea why someone would fit one under the bonnet but maybe try putting indicators or hazards on and seeing if you get that noise?

There's a lot of gentle electrical hums and there is definitely a fuel pump on opening on mine but nothing so obviously and loud as that beep/buzz in sync with the indicators on mine.

I have seen in some of the coding apps that you can enable a beep on lock and I think I recall you can either get that done via the alarm siren chirp or the main horn - that sort of sounds like a short chirp on the main horn?

Only other thought is do you have a towbar - because it also sounds like the kind of buzzer you'd get for trailer feedback on indicators. I've no idea why someone would fit one under the bonnet but maybe try putting indicators or hazards on and seeing if you get that noise?
The indicator buzzer has crossed my mind too but no towbar fitted. Hasn’t always happened either, only started in the past couple of weeks. It doesn’t happen when indicators or hazards are on; only when locking/unlocking or opening and closing doors.

Well if it helps rule things out it's not a "normal" noise that I've heard on my 6.1 - they're certainly very "chatty" with a lot of electrical buzzes and servos moving when unlocked but they're all much more muted than your video.

Well if it helps rule things out it's not a "normal" noise that I've heard on my 6.1 - they're certainly very "chatty" with a lot of electrical buzzes and servos moving when unlocked but they're all much more muted than your video.
Came with a 12 month warranty from VW so probably going to have to get them to have a look at it.

So the buzz/beep came back after a couple of days. VW then replaced part of the alarm system as they thought the battery backup was producing the quieter sound from the horn. This didn’t fix it either! Took it back and pointed out that it happened every time the interior light dimmed after unlocking. After further investigation they disconnected the air on compressor to see if that sorted it. It was fine for a week so they replaced the compressor and that’s where we are now. Has been fine for a day so fingers crossed it’s finally sorted. VW have been really good persisting with an intermittent fault.

Back