Hi All

Does anybody know if the 19" Amarok Cantera alloys clear the T32 large brakes (I believe they are 340mm discs)

Wanting to cover all bases before I settle on tyre sizes in case spacers are needed as I intent to lower the van a fair bit.

I’m keeping my ear to the ground for some Cantera’s for my TSI.

One question, are they only in one size or do I need to be careful before I jump on a set as soon as they pop up?

I’m keeping my ear to the ground for some Cantera’s for my TSI.

One question, are they only in one size or do I need to be careful before I jump on a set as soon as they pop up?
I believe they are all the same size wheels. If they come with the original tyres, you will have to change the tyres as they are too big. The tyres fit a load of other vehicles so if you are thinking of selling them make sure your advert mentions all the vehicles they fit to widen your audience.

They're all 19".
A brand new set went for £750 (Inc tyres you can sell on) on eBay last week so reasonable priced ones are still out there.

Thanks. That’s what I thought, just wanted to make sure there weren’t a range of widths or offsets for some reason.

They look amazing! I need to get the most fuel efficient tyre size possible too. Did the 245 45 102‘s make much of a difference and are they the only option?

They look amazing! I need to get the most fuel efficient tyre size possible too. Did the 245 45 102‘s make much of a difference and are they the only option?
They are a great wheel, they are heavy and increasing the size from a 16" or 17" rim will increase the fuel economy slightly. However the 245 45 19" tyre will only add a fraction to your rolling radius. You will find that the Speedo reading will now be exactly the same as your satnav speed with this tyre set up.
IMG_20181020_181220__01.jpg

They are heavy, so the high rotational mass will increase fuel consumption. Mine are probably costing me 2mpg, but that's a tiny price to pay.

I have Avon ZX7 255-45-19 104 tyres. Not the most efficient, which will account for the economy drop too, but I got them for a good price.

They are a great wheel, they are heavy and increasing the size from a 16" or 17" rim will increase the fuel economy slightly. However the 245 45 19" tyre will only add a fraction to your rolling radius. You will find that the Speedo reading will now be exactly the same as your satnav speed with this tyre set up.
View attachment 70725
Slightly better backdrop than my garage full of old tat

They are Michelin cup sports, I have them on my car and they perform brilliantly, overkill for the van and because they are sticky tyres they have shown that I now need ARBs. The only reason I put them on is that someone was going up to twenties and these were unmarked and super cheap.

They're all 19".
A brand new set went for £750 (Inc tyres you can sell on) on eBay last week so reasonable priced ones are still out there.
I can confirm this. I bought a set yesterday for £750, delivery mileage only on them. I’d have preferred to not have the hassle of selling on the tyres but I am very pleased with my purchase. Don’t be afraid to make an offer either, these were listed for more and i made an offer thinking it would be rejected and received a message from eBay saying I’d just made a purchase.

I can confirm this. I bought a set yesterday for £750, delivery mileage only on them. I’d have preferred to not have the hassle of selling on the tyres but I am very pleased with my purchase. Don’t be afraid to make an offer either, these were listed for more and i made an offer thinking it would be rejected and received a message from eBay saying I’d just made a purchase.

Post a pic when they’re on!

And they’re on!

before:
F756981D-21D9-4DB1-ACC5-398E715D2103.jpeg

And after:
F2A60967-D854-468D-92A7-37BD05C1681C.jpeg

Very pleased, I think these suit my van very nicely, just need to lower it now and get some centre caps. I assumed the ones on the old wheels would fit but sadly they don’t. Luckily one of the new wheels has one fitted so I was able to get the part number and order the right ones.
Fitted with 245/45 19 102 load rated tyres.

For anyone who is interested the part number for the correct centre cap is 3B7.601.171.
The old wheels had part number 5G0.601.171 which is the same size but has smaller clips on the inside. The amarok wheels centre hole is 57mm diameter, the original wheels are 55mm. This is the inside diameter, both are 65mm external (ie. If you measure the outside of the centre cap).

Hi All

I have read through as many posts as possible and still struggling to find a definitive answer.

I have a T6 4Motion and have purchased a set of Amarok Cantera’s 19” 8J. Van will be lowered but that’s another post. What size and load rating tyres would best suit my van for comfort?

Thanks is advance

I have 19” wolfrace assassins fitted with Nexen SU1 255/45R19 104XL. The wheels are 8.5j but I found that these just keep the size about right for speedo accuracy.

Loads of info on here if you haven’t read it already.

And they’re on!

before:
View attachment 72042

And after:
View attachment 72043

Very pleased, I think these suit my van very nicely, just need to lower it now and get some centre caps. I assumed the ones on the old wheels would fit but sadly they don’t. Luckily one of the new wheels has one fitted so I was able to get the part number and order the right ones.
Fitted with 245/45 19 102 load rated tyres.

For anyone who is interested the part number for the correct centre cap is 3B7.601.171.
The old wheels had part number 5G0.601.171 which is the same size but has smaller clips on the inside. The amarok wheels centre hole is 57mm diameter, the original wheels are 55mm. This is the inside diameter, both are 65mm external (ie. If you measure the outside of the centre cap).

found you here as well.. while I was looking for tyre sizes!! Great looking wheel! They look fantastic on your van.

just to add the this thread. I’ve owned a few sets of cantera Amaroks. They are a direct fit for Transporter they are 8J and ET 45 I think. normally run a 25mm spacer on the backs. Just to push it out a Bit.

you can pick them up between £650-£950 on eBay

found you here as well.. while I was looking for tyre sizes!! Great looking wheel! They look fantastic on your van.

just to add the this thread. I’ve owned a few sets of cantera Amaroks. They are a direct fit for Transporter they are 8J and ET 45 I think. normally run a 25mm spacer on the backs. Just to push it out a Bit.

you can pick them up between £650-£950 on eBay
No spacers on mine. I did wonder if I’d need them but they look great without. They are ET43, 8J (see picture) and of course the other key factor is they are load rated so good for T32’s as well :thumbsup: I run mine on 245/45 19’s which has the speedo bang on with GPS speed.
I paid £750 for a set of virtually new ones inc tyres (Which are the wrong size for the T6) with delivery mileage on them. I sold the tyres for £220 so overall i haven’t done too badly I don’t think.
C30AFE81-9C5A-4948-B1E4-8DF0BD816E3A.jpeg

No spacers on mine. I did wonder if I’d need them but they look great without. They are ET43, 8J (see picture) and of course the other key factor is they are load rated so good for T32’s as well :thumbsup: I run mine on 245/45 19’s which has the speedo bang on with GPS speed.
I paid £750 for a set of virtually new ones inc tyres (Which are the wrong size for the T6) with delivery mileage on them. I sold the tyres for £220 so overall i haven’t done too badly I don’t think.
View attachment 73698
I was being lazy.. I could have spun my set over and looked :)

I was trying to get a set the other day on eBay at £799 with delivery miles, mint they were. Like you say you can always sell the tyres so your quids in really for a solid wheel.

this will make you laugh. I reached out to VW by me and asked them how much to order a set... £2350 + VAT:thumbsdown:

I was being lazy.. I could have spun my set over and looked :)

I was trying to get a set the other day on eBay at £799 with delivery miles, mint they were. Like you say you can always sell the tyres so your quids in really for a solid wheel.

this will make you laugh. I reached out to VW by me and asked them how much to order a set... £2350 + VAT:thumbsdown:
Also worth looking on facebook marketplace. I’ve seen a couple of sets on there
OEMAlloywheels have them occasionally

Back