T6.1 discover media sat nav map not moving

Malb09

Hi all
Apologies if this has already been discussed on the forum, but here goes. Just got a new T6.1 and I am baffled by the way the map works!
When I set off driving, the arrow marker for the van is not on the screen, and as I move along the map moves and turns, but the arrow is somewhere off the bottom right of the screen!
So I move the map with a finger so I can see the arrow, and it progresses across the map, however the map no longer moves after this intervention and the arrow drives off the edge of the screen. Surely the map should move all the time, and of course the marker arrow should be always on the screen! Took it to a main dealer the other day who did a software update and it was actually working ok, but by the next day it was back to as described above!
I would welcome any input from fellow t6.1 drivers with the discover media as to how your functions.
Many thanks in advance

Mine's a T6 with Discover Media so might not be the same as yours, but if I touch the screen on mine it no longer moves as I drive. To reset it and catch up with my changed position, I have to press the icon of the van on the right hand side of the screen (it only appears with the first touch of the screen).

Thanks for that Three bridge T6. After the visit to the dealership, mine was working like yours - ie after moving the screen an icon appears bottom right and when pressed the marker arrow would return to the screen, however by the next day it had defaulted back to it's old ways again and now when the icon is pressed the arrow disappears off the screen again!! Don't know what's going on.
Anyone out there with this set up that works ok, I would appreciate any feedback.
Thanks

Thanks Shaudy, seems like it's a common fault. I tried mine using route navigation yesterday and it works fine in that mode, although it looks like there are no voice announcements. When I return to normal driving ie - just running with the map as I drive, some times it works ok with the marker on the map and the maps moving, and other times the marker is off the screen to the bottom right! Frustrating or what! Will have to take it into the dealership again.

Here is another thing that proves the positioning on the map is off the screen. When I tap the screen on the map of my local area on a known street, the black box opens up with the wrong location, every time, giving an address a couple of streets away! This ties up with the van arrow marker being off the bottom of the screen!

I've had a good look this morning and if I have the map set so North is fixed up on the screen it does seem to show the position correctly but its difficult to follow. Set the map to 3d then the position is off the bottom of the screen.
Will be good to hear what is required to fix it, if you take your van in.

Hi Guys
Have just picked up the van today from the dealership, and I finally have a sat nav that works correctly on all different settings. The marker arrow is now in the centre bottom of the screen (it used to be bottom right corner), whereas before it would only work when the screen was set to North, it now works with the screen set to the direction you are going in. This was all cured with the latest software update from VW, quite a large file so the guy at the dealership said. So it appears that VW must know there are issues with their sat nav and keep issuing new updates that finally fix the problems. It's like when you buy a new iPhone or laptop, the first thing you have to do is update the software!

Reactions: CAB
Back