disconnect the adblue control unit, how?

JOS

Hi, I got an alarm on my T6 2018 150hp 4m model. A guy that does optimizations removed the adblue function, but said I have to remove the plug from the adblue control unit, or remove the fuse. Does any of you guys know what is best and easiest?

Fantastic!, will do it today. Was away for some motorcycle riding last weekend, felt like the car was running better than before. Using it to transport the bike to tracks.

Removed the two fuses. Got the orange engine lamp on after a couple of starts. Why?

Removed the two fuses. Got the orange engine lamp on after a couple of starts. Why?
Presumably because the ECU has detected that the adblue system isn’t working. I’ve no idea what you’ve done to “remove the adblue function” but it isn’t as simple as just coding it out & removing a couple of fuses. If it was, we’d all be doing it. Afaik no-one has successfully removed the adblue system without performing major surgery on the van.

Presumably because the ECU has detected that the adblue system isn’t working. I’ve no idea what you’ve done to “remove the adblue function” but it isn’t as simple as just coding it out & removing a couple of fuses. If it was, we’d all be doing it. Afaik no-one has successfully removed the adblue system without performing major surgery on the van.
Extremely surprised to hear that! On all other vans like Renaults, Ivecos and Toyotas it is done very often. I got no fear it will not be possible, just asking for some information as I understod it was commonly done.

FYI, all codes are gone after some more programming. No more AdBlue and added a tune at the same time, runs like a train now finally. All good!

FYI, all codes are gone after some more programming. No more AdBlue and added a tune at the same time, runs like a train now finally. All good!
JOS How was your AdBlue function removed? Just coded out or were any parts removed (apart from the fuses)? Still running OK? Any more orange lamps?

Back