Diff Lock Flashing Light Problem

duffersj

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Got a diff lock issue going on , flashjngblight when I engage it then it went o after a out a dozen flashes. Diff lock defo engages as turning on loose ground could tell then turned together.
Issue then became turned it off and the light and diff lock stayed on for about 10 seconds.
Pump issues ? Its going in next week to have the pump looked at .
Any ideas

Sounds normal to me. Sometimes it takes a moment before the clutch finds a position on shaft to lock on - thus flashing light. Driving straight + steering left and right while moving helps.

The same when disengaging - if the clutch is "stucked/pinched" because of e.g. cornering it won't release before the tension is off - thus light remains on. Driving straight + steering left and right while moving helps.

More on page 42 in ► 4MOTION with Haldex Coupling | SSP 333 Online

Sounds normal to me. Sometimes it takes a moment before the clutch finds a position on shaft to lock on - thus flashing light. Driving straight + steering left and right while moving helps.

The same when disengaging - if the clutch is "stucked/pinched" because of e.g. cornering it won't release before the tension is off - thus light remains on. Driving straight + steering left and right while moving helps.

Exactly this for me too, totally normal unless I'm missing something?

Thanks that's good to know
It's just on the back of the local vw centre telling me that there were 26 faults recorded from the haldex system.
Sounds like a place from star wars the haldex system

Any of you good people can help me out with this warning, keeps flashing on the dashboard, Scanned for errors and have none, no fuses blown.
Drives as usual, I have 2017, 204ps, DSG 4motion with no diff lock button.
Thanks

Screenshot_20230322_144937_Chrome.jpg

• Wow
Reactions: mmi
Have you activated it recently? It will flash whilst transitioning from locked to unlocked.

You may need to make sure it's disabled and then move backwards and forwards whilst turning the wheel to weave the car and remove tension from the locking pin.

Hi Loz,
Just tried moving side to side backwards and forwards no luck . It's just a normal 4motion with no difflock button to activate it. I've had the van since new and this is the first time the light been on. Cheers buddy

OK so not the diff lock then:confused: if its the haldex warning without recording error codes, that's new.
Are the tyre pressures the same on both sides? It will complain if there is an excess difference in the wheel speed.

The tyre pressures was the first thing I'd done to make sure they're all the same. Do you think the haldex device might need servicing then? Do you reckon it would do any damage if I keep driving it until I get it sorted?. Can't do anything until next week due to work . Cheers loz

The tyre pressures was the first thing I'd done to make sure they're all the same. Do you think the haldex device might need servicing then? Do you reckon it would do any damage if I keep driving it until I get it sorted?. Can't do anything until next week due to work . Cheers loz
Has the Haldex ever been serviced? What’s your mileage?

I done the haldex service beginning of last year from a how to post on here. I will get underneath and check the wires

Back