Diesel Prices on the continent

RosscoPCole

VIP Member
T6 Guru
As the title says, what is the price of diesel in France compared to the UK? Is it less expensive to fill up over here or over there?

Can i add Spain and Portugal to the question for those over there at the moment.......

The cheapest I saw around the Alps last week was €1.94. Motorway coming back to Calais was between €1.97 and €2.20.

I saw a Carrefour whilst in Cordoba, Spain that was advertising diesel at 1.77 and the station next to it was just over €2 so I went to Carrefour. Filled up and saw that I had paid just over €2 a litre, more expensive than the other garage. Turns out the 1.77 price was for Carrefour card holders! Bugger.

In other areas of Spain I was paying around 1.90 give or take depending on which station I used. I have a discount card for Galp but found with the discount, it was still more expensive than other companies/supermarkets. As mentioned above, slightly more in France.

Just got back from France yesterday and can confirm the prices are only a few pence cheaper.

Got off the tunnel and straight onto the M20 and saw 22 miles of parked up trucks. It was a thoroughly depressing sight, and I felt so sorry for the poor sods in their trucks, and the poor holiday makers threading their way through the Kent countryside trying to get to the tunnel. What the hell has this island become?

Reactions: JOG
Unless we've cocked up the exchange rate, it's around €1.55 in Croatia. As above, €1.70 in Slovenia and around €1.95ish in France and Italy although did seem to be getting very slightly cheaper the further south we went

as above, slightly cheaper in spain than france and the prices varied a lot so worth planning ahead if poss.

as above, slightly cheaper in spain than france and the prices varied a lot so worth planning ahead if poss.
There was a government scheme in Spain when we were there a month ago. 25cents/litre was knocked off the pump price at the till. Dunno if it’s still on though.

There was a government scheme in Spain when we were there a month ago. 25cents/litre was knocked off the pump price at the till. Dunno if it’s still on though.
Someone mentioned that to me when I was there in June. As I mostly used pay at pump service stations, I can't say I noticed it. I just stopped filling when it was full. Never looked at receipts or final bill. I did get given a handful of sweets from a garage in Northern Spain though when I did go in to pay. Rather would have been given discount!

Back