DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) Retrofit

I love my factory fitted DCC dearly. But for retro fit other solutions definitely might have a better price/value ratio.

I simply cant see the benefit of retro fitting DCC as there are kits available that are more comfy than the DCC and more sporty ?? not sure what i missing here . retro fitting DCC will cost an arm and leg compared to conventional hi quality solutions .
Also, would you mind to post some links, videos, descriptions of your proposed conventional hi quality solutions, please?

Reactions: mmi
There are quite a few Forum members here who have already fitted the special self adjustable KONI dampers and love them . maybe do a search on here to save time

Ill see what media stuff I can find for you

Assume that because you were looking at DCC you don't want a low van as the DCC wont like low

Dampers are £600.00 .

Yes certainly , The DCC Parts are very expensive to buy and a huge job to fit , I assume it links into the Can bus and steering controls as well adding to the complexity

It can be switched from Sport to comfort

A Special active KONI shock does this automatically and doesn't need any input from the driver ( pressing the switch ) it senses rough road conditions and auto softens the valve characteristics . These shocks are factory fitted on Lambos , Aston Martin and other similar cars that need performance and comfort .

Thanks for you input but you still didn't manage to discourage me(or to change my mind:whistle:) to proceed with VW OEM DCC system.
Let me be clear, I am very open to alternative options even though I already bought some components.
It looks that I will get it done below €500=£422 as I will save few extra quid on the wiring which I am doing myself.;)
Huge and difficult jobs are my favourite.
In deed the system is connected to CAN bus and has 3 driving modes selectable by the console switch.:)

Thanks for you input but you still didn't manage to discourage me(or to change my mind:whistle:) to proceed with VW OEM DCC system.
Let me be clear, I am very open to alternative options even though I already bought some components.
It looks that I will get it done below €500=£422 as I will save few extra quid on the wiring which I am doing myself.;)
Huge and difficult jobs are my favourite.
In deed the system is connected to CAN bus and has 3 driving modes selectable by the console switch.:)
So is that the costing for everything other than the 4 dynamic shockers? Do you know what they will cost?

Thats amazing value; to be honest, even the with brand new bits and if you can fit it yourself, it's still pretty reasonable imo, given just how good the system is.

Ok that sounds incredibly cheap , Cheaper than a quality set of Performance Dampers . If its used parts please ensure the shocks are low mileage because shocks are a serviceable part of the car and there is no point buying shocks however cheap that are already worn out as you wont feel the benefit of the system anyways .

Ok that sounds incredibly cheap , Cheaper than a quality set of Performance Dampers . If its used parts please ensure the shocks are low mileage because shocks are a serviceable part of the car and there is no point buying shocks however cheap that are already worn out as you wont feel the benefit of the system anyways .

I’ve just paid a deposit on a Caravelle Exec that I believe has Dynamic control. Are you suggesting dropping it say 40mm will ruin the ride, 25 ish should be Ok.
Would you have suitable springs to do this. Also will there be any issues fitting stiffer anti roll bars?

I’ve just paid a deposit on a Caravelle Exec that I believe has Dynamic control. Are you suggesting dropping it say 40mm will ruin the ride, 25 ish should be Ok.
Would you have suitable springs to do this. Also will there be any issues fitting stiffer anti roll bars?
The Exec's already come 20mm lower than other T6's.
imo if you want to reduce the wheel arch gap consider a slightly larger tyre 235/55/18; 235/60/17.
The DCC on an Exec is a lovely set up, which I would be very mind full of changing. just my thoughts

The Exec's already come 20mm lower than other T6's.
imo if you want to reduce the wheel arch gap consider a slightly larger tyre 235/55/18; 235/60/17.
The DCC on an Exec is a lovely set up, which I would be very mind full of changing. just my thoughts

Thanks Chris,
I was just looking at a photo of it a wondered that. I think it has 18” fitted at the moment so maybe bigger rims are the answer.

The H&R catalogue states that the springs do fit vehicles with Dynamic chassis control of course the drop would be 40 mm less what the vehicle already has , so approx. another 20 to 25 mm I guess .
I cant see any reason why A R B cant work there aren't any comments to the contrary in the H&R catalogue . simply a choice between Xenon and non Xenon
With our sport adjustable damping shocks we tune the valves to cope with bigger wheels and this cant be done with DCC so caution on going too big

Back