DCC (Dynamic Chassis Control) Retrofit

Just for price reference there are 2 options of DCC on T6.1 now.
And in Germany it is listed as follows:
Adaptive chassis control DCC Dynamik(with dynamic suspension) €1417
Adaptive chassis control DCC Standard(with standard suspension) €1286
Link to configuration ---> Der VW Nutzfahrzeuge Konfigurator

There was similar options when i spec´ed mine.
Dynamic includes another "sports" option with what I think translates to strengthend stabilizers and 20mm lowering.
The standard was not much cheaper back then either so the prices you looked up seems very comparable to the levels I saw/had.

Last edited:
Kufatec can't supply full retrofit kit at the moment(I just got reply from them).

43558-kabelsatz-elektronische-daempferregelung-dcc-fuer-vw-seat-2_600x600@2x.jpg

20191202_092628.jpg

Reactions: mmi
Unable to chip in regarding retrofit or not.

But I ordered DCC on my van after quite some doubts .
Somewhat costly option so decision was not easy and for once the internet was not of much help regarding true value for the ride. Even saw a walk thru stating that it wasn't even a feelable difference when running on 18" or above rims. After receiving the van I was absolutely clueless as to how those guys came to that conclusion.

Must say I really like it. Most of the time riding smaller roads the "S" position tightens things up and thus ads much to the joy of everyday riding. On the other hand on longer trips with the family on the freeway the "C" setting does give a much softer ride.
We had a T5 Vel before the T6; the T5 had a 30mm drop as standard. The ride was blood awful on poor roads, but flat(ish) cornering, and good body control; although I had experienced and uncontrolled undamped resonance on poor roads a few times.
When we first got the T6 my Mrs insisted on driving it in sport, because she was so used to that ride comfort from the T5.
Over 3 years she has gone from "sport" to "normal" to "comfort". I'm sure she drives just as fast, and it corners just as well, but it.s a mind set and feeling that a softer suspension can't do the same job.
Having said that we still use "sport" from time to time as it's more fun.

Just for price reference there are 2 options of DCC on T6.1 now.
And in Germany it is listed as follows:
Adaptive chassis control DCC Dynamik(with dynamic suspension) €1417
Adaptive chassis control DCC Standard(with standard suspension) €1286
Link to configuration ---> Der VW Nutzfahrzeuge Konfigurator
Sorry it is in Austria not in Germany. My bad:unsure:

I have managed to price up most of DCC system components.

QuantityPart numberDescriptionPrice newPrice pre-owned
17E5413031 F Shock Abs €308,88 €105
17E5413032 F Shock Abs €308,88 €105
17E5513045R Shock Abs €345,59€70
17E5513046R Shock Abs €345,59€70
17E0927124WHSSwitch€16,31X
13C0907376AControl unit €333,72€8
37P0907508AAcce sensor €145,26 €11
37E5941155Bracket for Acc sensor€7,45 X
1Kufatec DCC cable loom€251,26X

TOTAL (new components only) €2368,36 = £2100
TOTAL (most pre-owned components) €680,66 = £605

I have managed to price up most of DCC system components.

"Quantity" "Part number" "Description" "Price new" "Price pre-owned"

1 off 7E5413031 F Shock Abs €308,88 €105
1 off 7E5413032 F Shock Abs €308,88 €105
1 off 7E5513045 R Shock Abs €345,59 €70
1 off 7E5513046 R Shock Abs €345,59 €70
1 off 7E0927124WHS Switch €16,31 X
1 off 3C0907376A Control unit €333,72 €8
3 off 7P0907508A Acc sensor €145,26 €11
3 off 7E5941155 Bracket for Acc sensor €7,45 X

1 off Kufatec DCC cable loom €251,26 X

TOTAL (new components only) €2368,36 = £2100
TOTAL (most pre-owned components) €680,66 = £605
That's an impressive effort :thumbsup:

8 for the controller & 11 for the sensor, I'd snap them up for
the parts bin regardless lol

Looks like you will be trying this then. Don't forget this this will need aligning with the dealer unless you could get the sensor & ecu from the same car? Saying that, is the ecu a separate item, I'll have to have a read of my van again to check but guessing you have a diagram to confirm

Neither,

Having a total blonde moment, why did I believe you were talking ACC, although the clue was in the title :), thats what reading late at night does for you lol. Think getting my A & D's wrong I need a few more CC's.... of alcohol lol

Last edited:
How much can the van be lowered with DCC? Is there any restriction? VW recommendations? Peoples experience?

Also, does anybody know the part number for 3 level sensors? I forgot to include them in my part list.

How much can the van be lowered with DCC? Is there any restriction? VW recommendations? Peoples experience?
There certainly is a restriction to how low to go ? if you want to maintain any levels of comfort . The DCC is a standard shock that can be stiffened up from the dash board .

They aren't performance shocks however and the valving is designed to work on standard height vehicles . ( as any standard shock would )

Lowering of 30 to maybe 40 mm will cope but more than that i am pretty sure it will result in a poor ride .
H&R do a 50 mm drop for E C P exclusively . Its not in their catalogue and i am pretty sure the DCC shocks wont like that .

I don't know the answer; but the golf GTI/R chaps often drop their DCC golfs, while retaining the original DCC shocks.
Might be worth a google?!

I don't know the answer; but the golf GTI/R chaps often drop their DCC golfs, while retaining the original DCC shocks.
Might be worth a google?!
We do indeed lower many Golf R s with DCC but the lowering kits are very subtle 20 to 25 mm at most . I would advise driving in sport mode more so as the stiffer shock can compensate for lack of travel

I simply cant see the benefit of retro fitting DCC as there are kits available that are more comfy than the DCC and more sporty ?? not sure what i missing here . retro fitting DCC will cost an arm and leg compared to conventional hi quality solutions .

I simply cant see the benefit of retro fitting DCC as there are kits available that are more comfy than the DCC and more sporty ?? not sure what i missing here . retro fitting DCC will cost an arm and leg compared to conventional hi quality solutions .
Can you please quote some prices for high quality solutions?

Back