Front Rear Dash Cam With Parking Mode

Fluff34567

Swiss member
T6 Guru
Hi all,

Looking for real world experience of a dual dash cam on a T6.. I have seen some but not sure the connecting cable to rear cam is long enough.

Anyone have a thinkware dash cam with a working parking mode?

Yes, I had a 770 on my T5.1 Caravelle and an F800 ( I think) on my current T6 Kombi (SWB)
Parking mode works well and the cable to the rear camera was long enough.
Routed from the middle of the rear window to the side of the van, along the side (in the roof panel) and then back across to the camera behind the rear view mirror.
Plenty of slack.

Just got given a thinkware f770, hoping to fit to my new Kombi, checked out the reviews on YouTube and looks like it’s all good stuff, anyone fitted one hardwired, and recommend where you’re picking up the power points?. I hear that adding accessories to canbus electrics can raise issues?

I used 2 piggy back fuses behind the bottle holder. One ignition feed and another permanent live feed to allow it to flip between driving and parking mode. Hardest part was getting to the fuse board.

I had the thinkware F750 in my old van for nearly 4 years. Excellent dash cam. I think this time round I will go for the Thinkware Q800 pro but also get the additional battery back up, rather than parking mode running off the vehicle battery

I had the thinkware F750 in my old van for nearly 4 years. Excellent dash cam. I think this time round I will go for the Thinkware Q800 pro but also get the additional battery back up, rather than parking mode running off the vehicle battery
I have a Q800Pro, it is excellent. I run parking mode off my leisure battery rather than having the additional one just for the camera.

How is the parking mode? Does it pick up movement easily enough from both cameras?
Yeah it picks up a lot. I’ve been trying to turn the sensitivity down. A cat walking across the driveway and it records it ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I fitted a road halo pro yesterday which comes with parking mode and piggy backed of these fuses which did the job perfect!
20200328_173721.jpg

Back