DA Polisher

As for a DIY option, bare in mind that I have 15 years experience with a machine polisher on the surfaces I work with, but I wouldn't attempt to machine polish my van purely because it's not my skillset, and i've seen the results of inexperienced machine polishing:eek:

As for a DIY option, bare in mind that I have 15 years experience with a machine polisher on the surfaces I work with, but I wouldn't attempt to machine polish my van purely because it's not my skillset, and i've seen the results of inexperienced machine polishing:eek:
Thanks @Tourershine

I am going to get one and practice on a scrap panel before I go at the van. Too precious to damage my baby.

The das 6 Pro is great for beginners, not so much the das 6 Pro plus.
Ah, maybe they said not the “Pro Plus”!

So, let me ponder a minute.... @Tourershine and @Niknak both advise caution.... and I know I’m a novice.... I haven’t overcome my nervousness yet!!!

Perhaps I shall start with some decent washing and waxing first, maybe graduate to an occasional clay bar and revisit this whole DA subject later!!!

*braces himself for the “wuss” onslaught!!!

So do you just srp yours and wax over the top.

Right I am going to give the Meguiars DA kit a go. The reviews are just too good not to. Will report back on my findings once it stops bloody snowing.
I’ve got one of these and an absolute novice.
I’m impressed with it. Like you say comes with complete kits. Just take it slowly. There’s lots of you tube help on how to be doing it. Good advice. Also you can get smaller pads 3” etc
My only complaint is it does vibrate quite a lot compared to machines like rupes
Good luck

Last edited:
I'm witing for Makita to do a brushless one I can use my 18V batteries on :)

Back