DA Polisher

HHO

T6 Guru
Any recommendations for preferred compounds and finishing polishes for use with a dual action polisher?

Chemical guys v4 all in one , perfect stuff with the DA, I will only use chemical guys on my van

Reactions: HHO
My ‘go-to’ single stage pad and compound combo is Meguiars Microfibre Pad and Koch Chemie F5 compound. Microfibre pads cut better than foam pads, but still refine well. Happy to pass on any tips and product advice...tried most things over the last 14 years.

Last edited by a moderator:
Evening all,

I'm looking at purchasing a car polisher for the van, never used one before so dont want to spend a fortune. I've came across this in aldi...Ferrex Car Polisher 1400W

Has anyone used this and or would recommend it for a newbie to machine polishing??

Thanks

Evening all,

I'm looking at purchasing a car polisher for the van, never used one before so dont want to spend a fortune. I've came across this in aldi...Ferrex Car Polisher 1400W

Has anyone used this and or would recommend it for a newbie to machine polishing??

Thanks
That looks like a rotary machine, which for a beginner is not a great idea. A dual action machine (DA) would be my advice for a first timer. As a general rule a DA leaves more margin for error as they are not as aggressive as a rotary machine.

I have a DAS-6 dual action polisher. Did a bit of research before purchase and this was the recommended best buy for the beginner!
I had a Das-6 for a while but found it bogged down easy....upgraded to a Das-6 pro and been happy with it since.....many years of use.
300watts of power difference between the two and not much in price.

In my experience I would not be frightened of using a rotary machine.

I bought a DAS6 as I read all the 'buy a random' comments when I was looking. But then I needed to polish a windscreen and realised that a dual action machine just wouldn't 'cut it'. So I bought a rotary and found it very easy to use - in some respects easier than a DA. For example you don't get the vibration you get from a DA and I found I could place the machine more accurately.

My DAS6 is relegated to a drawer (I ought to sell) as I much prefer the rotary I have - and I have just bought a small rotary for using a tighter areas.

I bought a DAS6 as I read all the 'buy a random' comments when I was looking. But then I needed to polish a windscreen and realised that a dual action machine just wouldn't 'cut it'. So I bought a rotary and found it very easy to use - in some respects easier than a DA. For example you don't get the vibration you get from a DA and I found I could place the machine more accurately.

My DAS6 is relegated to a drawer (I ought to sell) as I much prefer the rotary I have - and I have just bought a small rotary for using a tighter areas.
I appreciate that you have had a good experience with a rotary.......but you can also get fantastic results with a dual action polisher too.....and for a beginner a rotoray does have its down falls. Pushing to hard and leaving buffer trails...,too long in one spot at high speed leads for an expensive respray.
A DA is very forgiving and is very hard to get wrong.
DA is defo a neewbie way of getting into polishing to learn the motions without causing iriversable paint damage.
That being said........German paint is pretty hard compared to most if its factory STD paint finish.

I appreciate that you have had a good experience with a rotary.......but you can also get fantastic results with a dual action polisher too.....and for a beginner a rotoray does have its down falls. Pushing to hard and leaving buffer trails...,too long in one spot at high speed leads for an expensive respray.
A DA is very forgiving and is very hard to get wrong.
DA is defo a neewbie way of getting into polishing to learn the motions without causing iriversable paint damage.
That being said........German paint is pretty hard compared to most if its factory STD paint finish.

Yes, wasn't trying to dis the DA units, just pointing out that rotaries aren't as difficult as I think is generally made out.

Let me know a price if you decide to sell mate :)

Back