DA Polisher

Morning all,

I am in the market for a DA polisher, my first one hence I wanted to get your thoughts on the one below and if it’s the right one for a beginner?

Also any tips on pads and polish. I currently polish by hand with Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

My paintwork is in good condition with a few light scratches hence the question about the DA.

Cheers

Pete

CA6D306B-5F06-4C98-BFD3-E53A568F3DC2.png

Reactions: JOG
Brave lol I’ve done alsorts of body work for years and painted but those things scare the shit out of me lol, good luck

• Haha
Reactions: Jlo
Morning all,

I am in the market for a DA polisher, my first one hence I wanted to get your thoughts on the one below and if it’s the right one for a beginner?

Also any tips on pads and polish. I currently polish by hand with Autoglym Super Resin Polish.

My paintwork is in good condition with a few light scratches hence the question about the DA.

Cheers

Pete

View attachment 96946
Nice one - I will be following this thread with interest as I’m in the same boat as you!

You cant really go too wrong with a DA, just so long as you dont use pads or polish that are too abrasive you'll be fine. Steer clear of a rotary, however, unless you know what you're doing

Meguirs 105 & 205 combo is pretty easy to use with good results. And i always found chemical guys hexlogic pads to be pretty good too, and the colour coding makes finding the right one quite easy (A Guide to Chemical Guys Hex-Logic Pads)

i have this DA . . . (cheap & cheerful) but would say its only to be used for paint work correction or buffing headlights . and wouldn't use it for waxing.

only compounding out scratches or deep swirls . . . . and then only once a year maybe.

1609412505405.png

i use a a Buffer for everything else . . This one is great. (i use Ryobi kit at home so already had battery and charger etc)

i use if to waxing and polishing all the time , . . . makes it almost too easy.

1609412581955.png

If I was getting a new machine around that price I would go for this one:

But if I didnt have any pads either I would go for a kit like thus:

You really can't go wrong with a da machine, it's near impossible to do damage with them.

DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher

These machines are highly recommended for beginners and can achieve amazing results with a bit of time, but don't forget to budget for some decent pads and polishes and I would also get a 75mm backing plate for some spot pads to do the tighter areas.

Not wanting to confuse you but your other option is a longer throw machine. The above machine is an 8mm throw, a popular choice is 15mm throw machine which will give quicker results but they cost more money and you can't fit the smaller backing plate for the spot pads.

There are plenty of videos on YouTube of how to use them. Forensic detailing channel is a good one.
Hope this helps abit. Cheers Matt

You really can't go wrong with a da machine, it's near impossible to do damage with them.

DAS-6 PRO Dual Action Polisher

These machines are highly recommended for beginners and can achieve amazing results with a bit of time, but don't forget to budget for some decent pads and polishes and I would also get a 75mm backing plate for some spot pads to do the tighter areas.

Not wanting to confuse you but your other option is a longer throw machine. The above machine is an 8mm throw, a popular choice is 15mm throw machine which will give quicker results but they cost more money and you can't fit the smaller backing plate for the spot pads.

There are plenty of videos on YouTube of how to use them. Forensic detailing channel is a good one.
Hope this helps abit. Cheers Matt

Disadvantage with the longer throw machines is that you cant put the small backing plate on.
Edit, sorry just read the post properly.

i have this DA . . . (cheap & cheerful) but would say its only to be used for paint work correction or buffing headlights . and wouldn't use it for waxing.

only compounding out scratches or deep swirls . . . . and then only once a year maybe.

I don't use a DA polisher mate, we only use rotary on our work.
I am staying clear of Rotary polishers, expert level only.
If you were in the market for a polisher as a few of us are, what would be your advise @Tourershine? Make,model, pads and polish.

If I was getting a new machine around that price I would go for this one:

But if I didnt have any pads either I would go for a kit like thus:

I am tempted by this DA after reading the reviews on the web plus everything as a starter pack.

Meguiars DA.

Thoughts?

I am staying clear of Rotary polishers, expert level only.
If you were in the market for a polisher as a few of us are, what would be your advise @Tourershine? Make,model, pads and polish.

I'm not sure many detailers use Rotary polishers much anymore, opting for DA's as far as I know.
We work with fibreglass, plastic and coated aluminium, where a DA doesn't really work the same because the surfaces are much harder.
I only buy Dewalt polishers, on the basis they are very reliable, parts are readily available if anything does ever go wrong, and not overly expensive at around £200 a machine. I don't think Dewalt make DA's and the pads will be totally different to what I use, so i'm not much help i'm afraid.

Right I am going to give the Meguiars DA kit a go. The reviews are just too good not to. Will report back on my findings once it stops bloody snowing.

Back