CXEB 204 Engine Death.....this will be fun.........

Hi Rolla......seems your the only person following this thread......I will also look at the differential pressure sensor....I would have got a new one but have not got the part number and I understand there is two versions on the CXEB engine.....so will need to get home first before ordering. I am supposed to drive to Scotland for my 50th on the beach before the 9th so if I get it working its gonna have a thrashing for two days nonstop to do this freaking regen.......no excuses Bamboo Green Cruising machine!!!!

And yes the vw TDi Engines with all this Emissions crap bolted on are white mans magic for sure!!!!!!

My concern is why is it blocked......my van is driven hard so no excuses.....I am not a fuel saver worrying about MPG.....I will say I get about 13Ltr/100Km thats 22mpg for you imperial Island Dwellers! I would assume that is normal for a thrashed T6 with Revo and big Black Rhino wheels 4 Motion in the mountains.

My concern is why is it blocked......my van is driven hard so no excuses.....I am not a fuel saver worrying about MPG.....I will say I get about 13Ltr/100Km thats 22mpg for you imperial Island Dwellers! I would assume that is normal for a thrashed T6 with Revo and big Black Rhino wheels 4 Motion in the mountains.
“….imperial island dwellers….”

I doff my hat in the direction of greatness!!!

Hi Rolla......seems your the only person following this thread......I will also look at the differential pressure sensor....I would have got a new one but have not got the part number and I understand there is two versions on the CXEB engine.....so will need to get home first before ordering. I am supposed to drive to Scotland for my 50th on the beach before the 9th so if I get it working its gonna have a thrashing for two days nonstop to do this freaking regen.......no excuses Bamboo Green Cruising machine!!!!

And yes the vw TDi Engines with all this Emissions crap bolted on are white mans magic for sure!!!!!!
pm me your vin number and i can look it up for you

I think I might have quoted the sensor when I had mine changed.

Using @Andnik VIN number

1 = 04L906051F Pressure difference sender RRP £69.90 + vat
this part now supersedes to part number 04L906051AB £71 + vat

The rest of the sensors are

3 = 03N919529G
4 = 04L906088DC
5 = 04L906088DD
6 = 04L906088DE supersedes to 04L906088GS
7 = 04L907807AR supersedes to 04L907807DT
8 = 04L906261B supersedes to 04L906261F
9 = 04L906088EN supersedes to 04L906088HR
10 = 04L906088ER supersedes to 04L906088CS

Capture.PNG

Reactions: mmi
Thanks Pauly. I think it is No1 we need to find the ref for.....the differential pressure sensor.

No 1 is the sensor, no2 is the screw/bolt that holds it in place

Yes I saw that and edited

Even if the pipe was blocked the sensor has been at god only knows how many Bar / PSI so I think it would be prudent to change and recode

So All back together......new Nox Sensor and New Differential pressure sensor. Have not adapted the Diff Pressure Sensor as all my mates with the machine to do it have gone home.

so from 12 engine fault codes to two......P154B and 32855.......I am hoping that it is just because the sensor has not been adapted yet......will cry if VW supplied a faulty one!!!

@Loz........... you mentioned in another post that the differential pressure sensor was an easy job.........you must have small double-jointed hands. I thought it was a PITA when its on the end of two tubes that could be located anywhere around the engine / Exhaust......with the other tubes / cables and then its little heat blanket.....

So today I drive to France and on the way back I get the flashing coil and no boost......I just made it to the top of the mountain and checked Carista...23957, 25958 and 16925.....engine idles fine just no power......do a reset and is good for about 2 miles then back to no boost and flashing coil.....ok not far from home will nurse the van back to where I have my tools and Garage.....that may have been a fatal mistake.......power level (not much) gets worse and worse up to the point where van will not climb a hill (thankfully mostly downhill) I decide to pull over and accept defeat in a safe place and the engine will not hold an idle in neutral. so I think turbo is gone.....and possibly oil has been dumped into the DPF as the engine dies with little exhaust fumes coming out the arse end about 4 seconds after starting.....

Oil seems good and temperatures all were good......no other warning lights other than flashing coil.

Van is awaiting recovery this evening........guess first place to look is Turbo and DPF.......hoping it will not be a new engine.

2016 Multivan....... Longlife pro oil every 10000km or 6 months whatever comes first....... Revo Map @ Bognor........Driven hard in Mountains!!!

Any Advice gratefully received........No way I am going to local dealer as they are a shower of W**KERS (Center Prestige Andorra I hope you read this)

Competent mechanic will try to fix at home.....
Remaps and Dpfs don't really get along as the soot levels are higher ? Darkside delete pipe and egr delete gets rid of those problems ? Like giving it a menthol locket breathes much easier no more blocked nose ha

Thats what I was planning on doing, after speaking to I’d say are most preferable tuner’s… I came away with a strong feeling that they really don’t want there name against a “drag piped” vehicles on uk roads … “now the general consensus is we don’t tune like that as mot/vosa are hot on it ….”
I mapped a few of my buells myself, had a 450hp s4 pulling 180 all day for 9yrs …
duc’s singing at 165+ …
I really don’t care about global warming or soot levels .. I aint here long enough ….
so now i shown my colours and lost some electronic friends… still unsure on my direction…
Celtic said they’ll do it over a coffee at my house … ??

I do wonder if all these extra emission gubbins is offset / negated by all the faults / replacement parts fitted and the associated CO2 emitted attending dealerships / manufacturing replacement parts.

One thing is sure, dealerships are quids in!

Are the pipes to the differential pressure sensor correct way? Are the pressure readings above zero?
I did make special sure they are on the correct way as before........when the Garage opens tomorrow we will plug it in and do the adaption and see where we are at.
If it refuses adaption and still says fault then check pipes.....after that back to VW for a new new Differential Sensor.

Hope to catch Ferry to the Island on Thursday.....getting Nervous!!!!!!!

Reactions: mmi
Update on the DPF issue..Got a new Differential pressure sensor to replace the new one and boom seems good with only a couple of NOX codes in a drive....Up in Scotland with 4000kms done since problem......still have to reset the fault code for NOX out of limit about once a drive. Changed all the oils (Haldex, DSG and Engine) and running good.

Will be heading home soon.

I still have a set of near perfect Cascavel wheels in the shed up here. could deliver on way south if I find a buyer. PM me if interested.

Back