CXEB 204 Engine Death.....this will be fun.........

Andnik

Bamboo Green Cruising Machine
VIP Member
T6 Pro
So today I drive to France and on the way back I get the flashing coil and no boost......I just made it to the top of the mountain and checked Carista...23957, 25958 and 16925.....engine idles fine just no power......do a reset and is good for about 2 miles then back to no boost and flashing coil.....ok not far from home will nurse the van back to where I have my tools and Garage.....that may have been a fatal mistake.......power level (not much) gets worse and worse up to the point where van will not climb a hill (thankfully mostly downhill) I decide to pull over and accept defeat in a safe place and the engine will not hold an idle in neutral. so I think turbo is gone.....and possibly oil has been dumped into the DPF as the engine dies with little exhaust fumes coming out the arse end about 4 seconds after starting.....

Oil seems good and temperatures all were good......no other warning lights other than flashing coil.

Van is awaiting recovery this evening........guess first place to look is Turbo and DPF.......hoping it will not be a new engine.

2016 Multivan....... Longlife pro oil every 10000km or 6 months whatever comes first....... Revo Map @ Bognor........Driven hard in Mountains!!!

Any Advice gratefully received........No way I am going to local dealer as they are a shower of W**KERS (Center Prestige Andorra I hope you read this)

Competent mechanic will try to fix at home.....

@Loz Would be interesting to hear your DPF story......as when I start the engine it is as if the Exhaust is Blocked.......very little fumes coming out......friend has same van so will compare this evening...

oh bummer ...hope you get fixed, i got the t6 workshop manual - covers your turbo removal, too big to send though so snipped and attached the turbo change for you .. if it helps

Attachments

• 4-cylinder_common_rail_engine_(2_0 l__4V__turbocharger).pdf
    6.8 MB · Views: 109
Cheers Rolla that is a help......so plot thickens I removed the rubber tube at the shut off flap....engine run for usual four seconds and shut down......then a massive fart of air / soot was expelled via the EGR pipe into the intake manifold......this strengthens my idea tat the exhaust is completely blocked and building up pressure to the point the engine stops........the egr valve opens once stopped and then PSSSSSSSFFFFTTTT the pressure in the exhaust is released..... super weird..... Guess its DPF off time.

Hi Loz. Jacked up now. seems a bit of an effort to get the DPF off........anyone got the section of the manual for that.....would be appreciated.
I do not want to wreck any wires / tubes

DPF is off.......what a PITA its obvious the designers and fitters at the factory do not have to work on these things.....so it runs fine all be it with a hell of a lot of soot flying everywhere. So it seems the DPF was completely blocked.....now the question is why.....is it just because its 135000Km of use or is it something more odd like a mis reading sensor.....the van has moaned via Carista about the NOx Sensor so will get another one.....also last sensor in exhaust was a night mare and sheared the bolt so need another one of those as well.

There is a DPF cleaner company in Barcelona and for €160 they will do the high pressure blast cleaning so it will go there tomorrow.

E9F83502-F757-4E30-A6E2-29AB3819819B.JPG

So has anyone else run their van with the DPF removed......I am happy that it does seem to be a blocked DPF. the engine runs fine and clean and revs up to the limiter of 2500Rpm just gives off a big black smoke when accelerated hard from Idle.......now this might be normal with no exhaust and out of gear.

If this is indeed abnormal it may explain the blocked DPF?

I am at work and have ordered a new Nox Sensor / Particle sensor and MAF. as they are either slightly damaged from removal or have given codes in the past.

Thanks all who have helped so far. Loz what was the failure given by your problem in the past with the differential pressure sensor? I will of course look for a blockage on the high pressure side when I get home.

Last edited:
Oh yes forgot to ask if you all approve of my new 110mm straight through exhaust.....everything delete after the cat and will never rot out.....but does get a bit soft at high RPMs:p

Yes was thinking of that, did you get the ecu reprogrammed..? Are you going to..?
Not sure you’ll get away with that in vid…
Drop me a pm if sensitive to some

it has Revo done at Bognor about two years ago 35,000 successful Kms so far.

They don’t do dpf delete though .. spoke this morning..
I got the monstrosity of a cat/dpf… looks like trouble with bevel box in place so thinking of options..

DPF cleaning company said its one of the worst Blocked DPF they have ever done. took four cycles.

So I ask again has anyone else run the engine with the DPF removed? did they have the black smoke as well or not?

I haven’t but I dont think black smoke is your worry, thats normally over fueling, but expected as your stabbing the acc pedal..
Now if you had a cloud of blue smoke or a constant stream of smoke then it may be time for remortgage… (please learn me somebody if Im wrong on a T6 issues as they must be cloaked in vw wizardry and lies and don’t comply to normal mechanics…)

Back