Ctek D250sa Split Charger

Tezzzhead

Hi everyone

Does anyone know anything about these CTek split chargers?

I've built my own campervan and read alot about T6s and their smart alternators etc. So I bought a CTek split charger and wired it all in.
It all works fine, the solar charges the new leasure battery and the alternator does to.

I took the van out for its first outing and the leasure battery lasted at about 50 odd % all weekend with music playing lights on etc,
However the starter battery was dead when I went to go home. This was my first issue.
It might of been because I was charging phones off the starter battery not thinking. Also I didn't wire the little red wire to thd ignition as on the diagram it said you dont have to if its a t6.

The second issue is this, how and can I somehow plug the van into a campsite hook up. To hook the van up to a 240 v system when at a campsite.
Normally there is a complete control system that campervans have and you just plug into it. And it switches everything to 240v.
I've wired a little board. So if I install a commando socket and wire it to this little board. Will it just work from the 250v without destroying the 12v system I have wired already. Including the Ctek split charger.
Somehow switch the use of everything to the 240v hookup instead of off the leasure battery?

I'm rather confused to how I can do this alongside my ctek charger?

Or if I ad a AC to DC charger to the leasure battery and keep it charging while at a campsite.

Any ideas?

1- You need to connect the ctek to the ignition so it only charges when the engine running.

2- You need too get a 240v smart charger either mobile or fitted to charge the battery/s when on EHU.

3- You need to aware of what's running off ur starter battery when camping ... lights, radio, moIdles, 12v socket are powered from the starter.

4- Get yourself a Noco GB70 humpback for emergency.

Dc-dc Charger (for Leisure Battery) -- How I Done It --

Which Jump Starter?
Battery Chargers - How I Did It -

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

You keep using your leisure battery even when on hook up. Just buy a mains battery charger and connect it to your leisure battery. When that is plugged into the EHU it just runs alongside your Ctek.

That’s what we have.

Pete

You keep using your leisure battery even when on hook up. Just buy a mains battery charger and connect it to your leisure battery. When that is plugged into the EHU it just runs alongside your Ctek.

That’s what we have.

Pete
Excellent thankyou Pete. I'll just add a commando socket wire that to a fuse board then run a cable to a ctek battery charger.
Then the van will be constantly charging when hooked up and wire a few sockets from the 240 board.
Boom...
Cheers

1- You need to connect the ctek to the ignition so it only charges when the engine running.

2- You need too get a 240v smart charger either mobile or fitted to charge the battery/s when on EHU.

3- You need to aware of what's running off ur starter battery when camping ... lights, radio, moIdles, 12v socket are powered from the starter.

4- Get yourself a Noco GB70 humpback for emergency.

Dc-dc Charger (for Leisure Battery) -- How I Done It --

Which Jump Starter?
Battery Chargers - How I Did It -

Dellmassive`s -- "how I Done It" -- Thread

Ok cool, cheers.
I've bought the battery jumper.

I've tried wiring in the ctek to ghe board under the dash board but I'm getting a 11.7volt reading with the ignition off is that normal?
Surly it should be off?
Hmmm

Ok here goes , I have a smart alternator on my T6 , I want to get a Ctec D250SE DC to DC charger , can I piggy back a fuse off the main fuse board under the dash , there is a SC55 camper display 5 amp fuse on the board , can that be piggy backed ?? I have heard that piggy backing might hurt your can buss ?? what ever that is ?? HELP please

Ok here goes , I have a smart alternator on my T6 , I want to get a Ctec D250SE DC to DC charger , can I piggy back a fuse off the main fuse board under the dash , there is a SC55 camper display 5 amp fuse on the board , can that be piggy backed ?? I have heard that piggy backing might hurt your can buss ?? what ever that is ?? HELP please

Hello,
I piggybacked on the back of a random fuse and mine is working fine.
Works wonderfully. My next challenge is to wire a battery charger to the starter battery so when I go to a campsite and plug into their mains the hookup will charge the starter battery which will in turn charge my leasure battery.
Good luck

Hello,
Works wonderfully. My next challenge is to wire a battery charger to the starter battery so when I go to a campsite and plug into their mains the hookup will charge the starter battery which will in turn charge my leasure battery.
Good luck
It has to be an ignition live fuse....!

Hi thanks for reply, after doing more research , I went on CTEK web site , there you will find full wiring details etc one title is D250SA with charger at service battery . showing 240 volt charger connected to the service battery , I have a CTEK MXS 7.0 which is a 7 stage charger I bought foe my AGM battery , I am not sure if when plug in on 240 volt ie camp site or at home & the vehicle engine is not running it feeds back though the D 250 SA to the starter battery , maybe someone with a bit more Knowledge Will have the answer , I am not far off that stage of the build , best of luck on your build

Hi thanks for reply, after doing more research , I went on CTEK web site , there you will find full wiring details etc one title is D250SA with charger at service battery . showing 240 volt charger connected to the service battery , I have a CTEK MXS 7.0 which is a 7 stage charger I bought foe my AGM battery , I am not sure if when plug in on 240 volt ie camp site or at home & the vehicle engine is not running it feeds back though the D 250 SA to the starter battery , maybe someone with a bit more Knowledge Will have the answer , I am not far off that stage of the build , best of luck on your build
The ctek dc-dc charger will only reverse charge the starter from solar source.(not from a EHU charger on the leisure side)

So you would need a 240c mains charger for both batterys, or use a duel output charger if they are same battery types.

Hello,
Good luck
That would only work if the ignition was switched on....

Unless you fitted a bypass switch on the ctek to disable the ignition feed function and moved over to auto detect mode.

thanks for reply , can buy extension cable for the CTEK MSX 7 with alligator clips , so unplug from one & connect fo the starter battery if you fill it needs a top up , does that seem to make sence ??

Got the Ctek D250se time to get started , in the instructions it states 30amp fuse , but on you tube watched a video of a guy doing same sort of converting his T6 Van . he fitted a Ctek D250 DC to DC charger & fitted a 80 amp fuse under the bonnet for the feed to the Ctek unit ?? please advice need to clarify , I have fed a 16mm cable to where i intend to fit 95 amp AGM battery . thanks

30a is the correct one.

Thanks Deaky , just had to take out the bench seat again forgot to feed a wire for the live feed to the fuse box , I used 1.5 is that ok ???

Back