Cruise control retrofit error

Broadside

T6 LWB Shuttle 150ps manual MY17
VIP Member
T6 Guru
I recently had cruise control installed on the stalk. Has been working fine for a few weeks but recently has started either switching itself off or putting this exclamation mark in the instrument cluster. This photo was taken (by me in the passenger seat while my wife was driving) today.

I have put Carista on and it seems to indicate a possible issue with the clock spring.
Any ideas, has anyone else seen anything similar?

692C5595-C2DF-46FB-B430-514C398E16D1.jpeg

F13353A4-90C6-477A-B754-7AB509CE29D4.png

if you have CC on the stalk, the issue cant be with the clock spring...as none of the CC signalling will be going to the steering wheel.

Could it be a hardware issue with the stalks? it might be worth having a chat with who ever installed it for you?

25111 - Cruise Control Switch (E45) - Implausible Signal

What are the other faults?
The other faults are to do with the alarm interior motion sensor and some rear door lock reported issues which have never affected anything from working.

The cruise control was installed by @Absolut5 , I’ll give them a call.

if you have CC on the stalk, the issue cant be with the clock spring...as none of the CC signalling will be going to the steering wheel.

Could it be a hardware issue with the stalks? it might be worth having a chat with who ever installed it for you?
Good point. I will speak to the installers tomorrow. thanks.

Reactions: mmi
Not resolved yet. The failures have become far less frequent so it’s not stopping the cruise working generally so I haven’t done anything more about it yet. The installer thinks if anything it will need to indicator stalk to be replaced. It really needs VCDS to find out which button press signals may be faulty but I haven’t got it to test.

Back