Cruise Control - Changing Gear Whilst Its Set?

scotia

Mechanical engineer
VIP Member
T6 Guru
Hello,
Not sure if the title is clear but we hired a car over christmas and whilst in cruise we could change the gears without it coming out of cruise..

is this possible to code out of the T6? When i put mine in cruise, for example at the speed that i want for a certain gradient etc and then the road smooths out & i want to shift to 6th - the cruise stops as i do this..

would be nice thats all, i found it useful in the pug we had!

Not that I have seen in VCDS or Carista. I am guessing you are talking about a manual box rather than a DSG in semi-auto mode.
I have noticed that mine does this (manual) as was sat on motorway towing with cruise set, and had to drop down to 5th for a climb. Dipping the clutch pedal clearly has the same effect as dipping the brake pedal.

Hello,
Not sure if the title is clear but we hired a car over christmas and whilst in cruise we could change the gears without it coming out of cruise..

is this possible to code out of the T6? When i put mine in cruise, for example at the speed that i want for a certain gradient etc and then the road smooths out & i want to shift to 6th - the cruise stops as i do this..

would be nice thats all, i found it useful in the pug we had!

Having driven in your country a lot over the last 4 years, your 'gradients' can be a little more extreme than most of what we have in the UK, but I know exactly what you mean.

I found that a previous manual BMW had this issue until I had it re-mapped, then it was straight into 6th and rarely taken out.
What power T6 are you running?

Coincidently, my manual MH is pretty powerful, but it often ran out of steam with cruise control in extreme climbs, where it automatically cuts off the cruise without warning.

Yup, 150 manual..indeed the gradients can be sth here!

But even sometimes I get up to speed already in 4th for example and then need to change to 6th.. not really a problem but no I have seen that it's useful..!

@teamfly are you sure? would be interested as we have 150 manual also! is it a spec thing? we have just a basic startline...

I have a manual 150 highline with acc and I can change gear fine without deactivating the cc.

I have a manual 150 highline with acc and I can change gear fine without deactivating the cc.

Really? I had no idea that was possible in a manual. I assumed the instant you touch the brake or clutch, it deactivated as a safety feature.

I've got a 150 manual 2017 highline and mines switches off when i change gear/ dab brakes,

Edit i will check tomorrow you've got me thinking now:unsure:, i know my transit limited definitely does

180 manual highline, and it definately disengages cruise when you dip the clutch.

Perhaps the difference above is that @Ann3x has the ACC?????

Really? I had no idea that was possible in a manual. I assumed the instant you touch the brake or clutch, it deactivated as a safety feature.

Yeah I was surprised too. It deactivates on brake not clutch. I have a mk7 golf dsg too and it's same behaviour despite dsg vs manual.

As people have said, might not be the same for normal cc.

Non adaptive cruise cannot hold on gear change on manual gearbox. Just use resume button after changing gear.

Have checked using mine again today & it holds speed after changing up or down gears , cancels if I touch the brake . 150 manual .
Unless I have adaptive cruise ?? ( pretty sure I don't )
It's mapped . I have city brake assist , although I am 90 % sure it doesn't work .

I have 150 manual, no ACC and no city brake assist, and it holds speed through the gears too... unless braked or turned off :)

We had a Vauxhall Antara and we could change gear on that . What make of car did you hire ?

Back