Correct battery for a T6 2017

djgriff

VIP Member
T6 Pro
Hello, i just checked my battery make as i am trying to get to the bottom of a low voltage issue. I noticed that the place i bought it from just over a year ago, fitted a 80ah AGM start stop battery. Is this the correct AH for the van or is this battery a little weak?

Many thanks for any responses, appreciated.

Thanks Daniel

I have also just fitted and 80ah which replaced the OEM 75ah.
Thanks, I guess i can rule out the battery being to weak then.. seems to always trickle down to 12.2v.. maybe dead or needs a good charge i guess. not sure which way to go. Should i purchase a charger or new battery?

Thanks Daniel

How long does it take to drop to 12.2v ?

If there is current being drawn by aftermarket equipment then this will deplete the battery.

Pete

How long does it take to drop to 12.2v ?

If there is current being drawn by aftermarket equipment then this will deplete the battery.

Pete
Thanks Pete, so it seems to be at this level after a couple hours.. haven’t kept a keen eye on it though to see what the rate of decline is. I did notice over the weekend that when I ran the engine for 20 mins in the morning it went to 12.5 volts and by the afternoon it was down to 12.27. Next morning was close to 12.2 / 12.17 , seemed to be blipping around this level according to the input voltage being displayed on the Victron 12/12 30 dc to dc charger. I also monitored the charge voltage on the way back from wales and noticed that it was charging at 14.9v , assumed this is bull charge , but then dropped back down to 12.99 for the second half of the journey. This was yesterday. This morning (now) it’s at 12.27

Back