Composition stereo unit - software upgrade?

Stuck yes. But you'll probably better off using car play etc as more upto date.
I'm okay with that, just wasn't sure if it was as simple as sticking an SD card in and saving my mobile's data. I checked with Satnavworld and they don't do a card for this either so will stick with CarPlay.

I'm okay with that, just wasn't sure if it was as simple as sticking an SD card in and saving my mobile's data. I checked with Satnavworld and they don't do a card for this either so will stick with CarPlay.
An option would be to use a phone based SatNav that uses offline local maps.

I've used Sygic on my phone for a few years for this.

Be aware in more rural areas it can give you quite adventurous routing - which actually quite suits us when we are out in the XC70 but can be a bit more concerning in the shiny new Caravelle...

The tight bend warning I find massively useful though, I often use it a bit like a rally co-driver.

It's worth exploring if you like it in the free version directly on the phone, on Android at least the Android Auto capability is very basic unless you pay the (reasonably modest) subscription.

I paid for the HUD option as I liked the idea of basic info reflected off the windscreen. In practice it never worked well but it's still hugely useful if you are using the phone directly especially at night as it lets you have simple direction/speed/camera info on screen dimly that's less distracting.

Hello. I have a 2016 T6 highline with the standard radio that came with it. See attached photo. I wondered if there is a software update for this and where would I get the disk with it if one is available? 20201018_141459.jpg20201018_141459.jpg

I haven't seen any update for this Infotainment system.
The ones I have checked seem to have software version 6495 - please scroll down a bit a bit further.

Is there something spesific you are looking for?

Hi thanks for the reply. I was not looking for anything specific no. I just thought as it's 2016 model and it's now 2023 there may be an update. Was working along the lines of my smart phone or chromebook that update every other night sometimes:)

Reactions: mmi
H all! I'm also interested in this issue. I have software version 0750 on hardware version 715 for a head unit, Part Number
3G0 035 869 B (MIB2). I don't know if that's the latest version. There are some minor bugs, but at the moment it's un-upgradeable. Good to know if anyone else has found a source for updates / upgrades. Thanks!
Hi @Robert, @Pauly mentioned in a reply below that you may have a source of software updates for this? (The bug is that sound controls don't work on the head unit for content played (eg Spotify and Maps) from Android phones. There is a clumsy workaround, but it would be better if they had fixed it properly.

Back