Upgrade to vw composition media or buy something else?

eetmw

T6 Pro
Ok, so I’ve seen a composition media head unit that I can swap for my composition colour to get app play. It matches the dash and will just plug in, no cp. But.. for the same money I could probably get a kenwood that’s newer. Will it fit the dash as well, is it worth it, better? Are the vw units reasonable quality, the composition colour I have is alright.

Any thoughts appreciated.

Cheers

Toby

I had the Composition Colour in my first T6 and in the current one I have the Composition Media.

I *only* ever use it for CarPlay - never listen to dab, cd, fm, my phone is not paired to it and don’t care that it has no nav built in.

It sounded OK whilst linked to the upgraded Alpine door speakers.

Now that I am using the speaker outputs into a DSP/Amp and have twin 10” subs it sounds awesome.

It also retains the OEM look to the dashboard and displays parking sensors and reverse camera.

I wish there was a dumb double din CarPlay unit that just took the iPhone input and output as line outs with no onboard amp or anything - so the Composition Media does that job for me.

Depends on your use case of course.

I had the Composition Colour in my first T6 and in the current one I have the Composition Media.

I *only* ever use it for CarPlay - never listen to dab, cd, fm, my phone is not paired to it and don’t care that it has no nav built in.

It sounded OK whilst linked to the upgraded Alpine door speakers.

Now that I am using the speaker outputs into a DSP/Amp and have twin 10” subs it sounds awesome.

It also retains the OEM look to the dashboard and displays parking sensors and reverse camera.

I wish there was a dumb double din CarPlay unit that just took the iPhone input and output as line outs with no onboard amp or anything - so the Composition Media does that job for me.

Depends on your use case of course.

Thank you both, very helpful.

Cheers

Toby

Back