Complete Newbie looking for Camping tips

Missy

Hi All. I am a complete novice re campervans but the proud owner of a beautiful T6.1 - dark grey.
I would very much appreciate any advice or tips for our first trip away later this week. Anything you wished you had known or thought about when you went on your first trip?
Many thanks

Hi All. I am a complete novice re campervans but the proud owner of a beautiful T6.1 - dark grey.
I would very much appreciate any advice or tips for our first trip away later this week. Anything you wished you had known or thought about when you went on your first trip?
Many thanks
Hi and welcome to the T6F!
Glad I had levelling ramps with me on our first trip out…
Pictures of your van is a prerequisite of this forum…. Did no one tell you lol. :thumbsup:

Many thanks
Oh that’s such a leading question on this forum!!!! You’ll be deluged by all sorts of ideas now.

Best advice I was given, was to get used to using the van and work it out as you go. What you need might look quite different from others and all depends on how you will use the van.

Tell is a bit more on what it is and how you plan to use it and I’m sure you’ll get some good suggestions for initial absolute essentials. Is it a camper, day van? Do you plan to use it year round?

Many thanks
Grow into the van, only buy “stuff” as the need arises. Spend the first night on your drive.

Hi and welcome to the T6F!
Glad I had levelling ramps with me on our first trip out…
Pictures of your van is a prerequisite of this forum…. Did no one tell you lol. :thumbsup:
Tee hee - nope I must have missed that! Will oblige as soon as I can! Many thanks

Welcome @Missy
Get some decent blackout window coverings/thermal covers (including the cab) if you haven't already.
Thank you!

Oh that’s such a leading question on this forum!!!! You’ll be deluged by all sorts of ideas now.

Best advice I was given, was to get used to using the van and work it out as you go. What you need might look quite different from others and all depends on how you will use the van.

Tell is a bit more on what it is and how you plan to use it and I’m sure you’ll get some good suggestions for initial absolute essentials. Is it a camper, day van? Do you plan to use it year round?
Great - the more the merrier! We hope to use it as often as we can - initially for weekends and a week here and there. When we can we really want to take it to Europe - Italy. Switzerland - hubby likes to ride his bike and wants to show me some of the routes he has ridden. The van does not currently have a heater so that might curtail camping later in year! Until we can venture abroad I would like to see as much of the Uk as possible- both camp sites and wild camping (we have a solar panel)
Thank you so much

Great - the more the merrier! We hope to use it as often as we can - initially for weekends and a week here and there. When we can we really want to take it to Europe - Italy. Switzerland - hubby likes to ride his bike and wants to show me some of the routes he has ridden. The van does not currently have a heater so that might curtail camping later in year! Until we can venture abroad I would like to see as much of the Uk as possible- both camp sites and wild camping (we have a solar panel)
Thank you so much
It’s a camper van with pop top and we have a drive away awning which we won’t always take - depends on activity!

Reactions: Jlo
Back