Show Us Your Tent setup

Paint

VIP Member
T6 Guru
Not a big fan of drive away awning tents and was wondering if there were many other members like minded who had stand alone tents as a set up and what tent you used I went for a zampire which is the first tent I have ever bought and have been really impressed with the quality I have added a couple of photos with my old van looking forward to setting it up with new van have added a wind out awning to help with the link between the two and give a nice dry area when packing the van after a camping trip it’s a right pain packing the van in the rain and this should help will post some photos as soon as we use the complete setup ⛺

658E89EA-D2AA-4D23-A9AC-9539FA190C96.jpeg

845728D6-C17E-4451-A272-1DBEFC476676.jpeg

BBE832B7-01A1-4771-BEF9-54758ADFC15D.jpeg

When we got the van I decided it was a bit silly to spend so much money on it and end up still having to take down a massive tent, sometimes wet, and waste half a day leaving the campsite, so we went for a driveaway awning that takes 30 seconds to erect, and only a little more to take down. That way we get an extra half day's holiday every bank holiday.

Apologies, a bit random reply, but interested if people are camping in tents and not in the van, given the investment, but I guess some people have vans for other reasons.

It sounds like, with a dry walkway in between, you've still got a driveaway awning, just in tent form?

Last edited:
When we got the van I decided it was a bit silly to spend so much money on it and end up still having to take down a massive tent, sometimes wet, and waste half a day leaving the campsite, so we went for a driveaway awning that takes 30 seconds to erect, and only a little more to take down. That way we get an extra half day's holiday every bank holiday.

Apologies, a bit random reply, but interested if people are camping in tents and not in the van, given the investment, but I guess some people have vans for other reasons.

It sounds like, with a dry walkway in between, you've still got a driveaway awning, just in tent form?
Yes the old set up was a total camping and nothing in the van as used for work the new set up will let us just us the van and awning on weekends but will use the tent set up for more space when stopping for longer breaks this zempire tent I can put up in 30mins on my own and about the same to take down so about an hour longer than for a drive away having the dry space between the two will be the game changer for us can’t wait to start using it with and without the tent. I think you got it it’s just like having a drive away without the hassle of attaching it to the van

I think if we all wanted too we could find faults in all our camping setup’s……but we are all individuals and have different needs …that’s why I enjoy Meeting other members on camping trips….so can share knowledge and ideas…...No ones right and no ones wrong …but we all enjoy Vanlife …….:)

Wish I could find the perfect setup it’s costing alot to find out there have been so many good ideas that I have found since using this forum which i will be changing I agree with vamdammam that everyone’s needs are different
and look forward to meeting some members at a do in the future to find more setup ideas and enjoy vanlife

I never thought we would have so much crap/stuff?

First time camping as a family. We are only staying one night, Zeeburg outside Amsterdam. Tomorrow it's Centre Parcs for 7 nights, then camping in Huttopia outside Paris, but with the big tent.
The inside of the van is like a bomb site!
Looking forward to the 6 berth so we can unload the stuff for the proper camp next week.

IMG_20220703_163343.jpg
IMG_20220703_163909.jpg

We had a loan tent from Outwell for Camperjam…..it’s very good quality and you get as standard bedroom units ect that you pay extra with some manufacturers ….we like it a little ….miss our Tipi. :(

1AE62300-93B3-47EE-84E2-744EC6207A0F.jpeg

Back