Compact trailers

Hi everyone I am thinking of getting a small trailer to take on our journeys. I want to get one with a fibre glass lid can anyone recommend any and can anyone tell me if the small wheels I think 10" are ok or should I go for larger wheels many thanks TONY

Depends on what you want to spend. I've got an Erde 122 and Ifor Williams BV64. For practicality of just dumping everything in the Erde wins, for secure storage and watertightness the BV64. Both have 10 inch tyres/wheels but the Ifor are more substantial and don't look like scooter tyres. Erde do a ABS plastic lid which adds quite a bit of storage space but not cheap if i recall, mine came with a homemade top which was quite heavy weighing about 30-40 Kg. Anssems are nice trailers as well and have 12 inch tyres. Remember when reversing all of them will turn in very quickly as i forgot one night whilst raining and scared my bumper, i'd suggest unhitching and either manoeuvre by hand or fit a jockey wheel to assist.

It depends on how much you want to carry and for what sort of distance. Anssems are brilliant but a bit pricey, I used to tow one for camping trips through France. They can carry a lot and the lid is so sturdy you can put a 100kg load on top with Roofbars. They all have 13” wheels which are better over rough surface and for the reduced rotation compared to 10” wheels that saves a bit of wear and heating on the wheel bearings

I love my Anssems trailer but have no need for it any longer since we sized up from a Galaxy to a T6.

EECFCFCF-7BA0-4899-918A-8EF587A08EFF.jpeg

SAM_5622~2.jpg

We use an Erde 143. I upgraded it with lockable fibreglass cover, twin gas struts, roof bars, roof box and shock absorbers. Loads of secure, weatherproof storage and tows nice. Love having an empty van to use. Here it is with our old T4

Back