Which gloss B Pillar Blackout Decals?

RobFlynn

VIP Member
T6 Pro
I think I want some of the gloss black B-pillar decals to continue the glass look front to back. So many on the market, can anyone recommend any?

I bought some years ago, sorry I forget from where. But they looked so bad when I got them and thought they need to be so well aligned to the windows that I wouldn’t bother fitting them.

Others have had it done professionally and look good. I’m sure some have done it themselves too and it looks good so hopefully they can advise but from my limited experience you are right to query before buying!

I think I want some of the gloss black B-pillar decals to continue the glass look front to back. So many on the market, can anyone recommend any?

@moomin-j had some professionally fitted that he supplied and they peeled. I’m sure he’ll tell you which to avoid.
@RobFlynn

I've had a few of these B pillar decals fitted with a matt textured finish, not gloss .
The nearside fitted 4.5 years ago still looks as good as new.
The offside is a different story...
With the passenger side ok & drivers side not ok, although cut from the same batch of material, I am confident it's not a material issue...
I am on my 3rd set now, fitted by 2 different companies.
Even though fitted by 2 different companies, with the 1st company being used twice with different fitters, I am therefore confident it's not a fitting issue...

So - it can't be a material problem & it can't be a fitting problem.
I'm not sure what to do now.
I have a "spare" set that I was giving away to @Bigsidavies - but let him know my continuing problem before he paid someone to fit them & potentially end up with the same issue as me.

I bought them from here:

After the issue with my 1st set, the ebay seller sent me another FOC - after fitting, the same happened again, only affecting the offside.
The seller seemed a genuine guy & he sounded surprise I was having a problem, with no other buyers having the same issues

I am now thinking it may be my OEM Vw wind deflector that is somehow "pushing or rubbing" the decal up?
When I fit another decal, I'll take off the deflector for a few weeks and see what happens.
I might even trim a bit off the plastic deflector where it could push or rub on the decal.

This is what happens -

B pillar OS.jpg

This is what it looks like when fitted:

B pillar redone Oct 2023.jpg

I think the Caravells came with the gloss black decal, fitted at the factory, so if you find 1 & get the reg number, you could always buy genuine, direct from Vw.
At least you know the material is good stuff
At least you know they will fit 100% correct
Pay once, fit once & forget and all that good stuff.

Don't know the cost though.

Last edited:
Back